Intellipoint problem with MX700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellipoint problem with MX700

Following the advice from the Mouseware thread I have installed the Intellipoint 4.1 software, but when configuring the properties it only gives me options for mice with 2 buttons and a scroll. During installation I told it that I had a wireless explorer and the quick start guide shows a mouse with the side buttons. Even if I do get it to show me all the options will I be able to map the middle buttons too?

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Have you got this sorted out Thien?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My MX 700 has an odd problem. It seems responsive enough and the scanning rate is great. The mouse never gets confused at high speeds (goodbye IntelliMouse Exploder 1.0!). However, I find it very difficult to move the mouse short distances.

For example, If i want to click on the side of a window to resize it.
      I can do this no problem providing that the mouse is a 5mm or more away from the 'edge' of the window. If it is any closer, then when i move the mouse, it seems to 'jump' over the edge of the window. This is driving me nuts as I am having to make a little swooping motion to make precise movements. It is almost as if the mouse doesn't register movement for a second and then it jumps to catch up.

I have gradually increased the pointer speed over the past week thinking that it might make it more responsive but now it is set to max and it still is not any better

Any advice?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Try a different mousing surface? It almost sounds like it doesn't know it's moving for a little bit.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I guess i should go out and buy a mouse pad

Comment

I've been using my mouse on my bed, so the surface isn't the best. Although I have noticed that I'm a lot slower on minesweeper now. I think it is due to the weight of the batteries now allowing me to make the fine movements I'm used to. Hopefully I'll get used to it and sit properly in my chair.

As for the software - nope, the only mouse software I know of that will let me do what I want is the Kensington MouseWorks, but unfortunately as soon as it loads a window pops up saying, "No Kensington Mouse detected" and then it closes. Maybe one day Girder (which is usually used for using a remote control on the computer) will support the MX700 and then we can do whatever we want with the mouse buttons.

<rant>
            I mean, seriously, is it that hard to make software that maps buttons to keyboard commands and have different profiles for different executables??? I was excited to get my MX700, but after being pissed off about the software its less gratifying to use it.
            </rant>
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Anyone got a solution to Intellimouse drivers not allowing programming of extra buttons on non-ms mice.

I got the same issue with a Memorex optical rf mouse.

The drivers that came with it are not nice and wouldn't override the MS ones, so I tried the Intellimouse ones, but got the same problems as TNT

Comment

Working...
              X