veditor.exe error trying to open MS Pro 7 in Win2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veditor.exe error trying to open MS Pro 7 in Win2000

I saw the post from Hulk who's getting this error on closing MSP7.

veditor.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
    An error log was created.

I'm getting it trying to open the video editor, capture or paint immediately after installation. The other modules appear to be successfully installed.

I have the download version as an upgrade to DC 6.5. I've cleared all temp folders, redownloaded and installed/uninstalled/reinstalled many times and upgraded my g450 drivers. I uninstalled and reinstalled DC6.5 last night without any problems.

I've emailed tech support but haven't heard anything. Any ideas would be appreciated. (I think my download file is corrupt.)

W2K SP2, Asus P4T-E, 1 GB rdram, g450 (5.88 drivers), DX9

Steve

Steve

Please let me get this straight, as the wording is slightly ambiguous. You downloaded the paid upgrade version, right? I haven't done it this way myself, but I presume you were given a licence #. I would have thought that if there were a transcription error, you would not have been able to install it, but funny things can happen. The same would apply to upgrade validation. It certainly sounds like a corrupt download file, but twice? And I would have thought a corrupted file would have refused to install, as well. What is your download file size (in bytes)? If you can tell me that, I'll check whether it's right.

Sorry for thinking aloud type response.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hi Steve

I am pleased I am not alone. Downloaded the paid upgrade on
      my office DSL burned file to CD and then tried to install into my
      PC No Good wouldnt open file. Downloaded on my PC No DSL
      7 hrs!! Installed ok but CG will not open Did all the things you mentioned. Will now download again overnight. However I have
      done a large job using MSP 7. It is really good. I was dubious about the Title editor but once I looked further it was great and allowed me to complete the job without CG

Comment

Brian,

> You downloaded the paid upgrade version, right?

Right.

> I haven't done it this way myself, but I presume you were
        > given a licence #.

No, after your credit card is accepted, you are sent an email with a link to a page where your copy can be downloaded. My link is good only until March 30.

You are sent an order reference no., but no license number. If you don't have a compatible upgrade product installed, the installation process stops and shows you a list of the accepted versions for upgrade. If you do have an accepted version installed, the installation proceeds without stopping.

The list of accepted versions for upgrade included every version of MS from 5.0 up that I've ever seen, including VE versions and DC. And it wouldn't install unless I had either MSP6.0VE or 6.5DC actually installed; just by directing it to the appropriate folder on an installation disk wouldn't work.

After installation, you can get the serial no. from inside the program.

The download file is named msp7_MSPugd_e.exe and according to Windows properties, it's 113 MB (119,059,518 bytes), file version 4.1.100.1332.

Thanks.

Steve

Comment

Steve

I've asked Ulead to confirm the # of bytes.

Comment

BTW, I am also getting a similar error on my WinXP Home computer when shutting down (normally) the MS Pro 7 trial.

I think there are still some issues with this software, I am going to wait a bit before I purchase.

-Mark
            - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

I've had confirmation from Taiwan that this matter is being looked into.

Comment

Hey guys,

Need a favor.

Could you please give me a list your system setup and all the softwares that you have installed into your system.

I will have a look at this problem.

Please check this for me as well: the error message do appear as we know, but does any of the functions don't function.

Thank you
                Jack

Comment

Sorry, another thing you can check for me if it is not too much of a trouble.

Check whether this message will appear on a clean system.

The reason for the request is because all our testings are completed on clean systems. That is why I need you guys to list your system requirements.

Thank you

Jack

Comment

I see a veditor.exe error when shutting down MSP7 only on systems with Premiere 6.5 also installed.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Jack,

I doubt it's my software since I don't see this error with MS Pro 6.5.

My software:
                      MS Pro 6.5
                      Sound Forge 6.0
                      Vegas Audio 2.0
                      MS Small Business XP
                      Frontpage 2002
                      Quickbooks 99
                      Corel Draw 9
                      Corel Photo Paint 9
                      Ulead DVD Workshop
                      Ulead MS Pro 7 Trial
                      DVD2AVI
                      TMPGENc
                      FlaskMPEG
                      WinDVD4
                      AGFA Scanwise
                      Easy CD-DA extractor
                      Roxio Easy CD creator

That's about it.

-Mark
                      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Brian -- thanks.

Jack -- I will post full system/software info when I get home from work tonight, but I'll note I've been using Ulead products for 5 or 6 years now, including MSP DC 6.52 currently, and have never had a problem before now. Thanks.

Steve

Comment

Okay, I have removed MS Pro 6.5 from my system and am still getting the error.

- Mark
                          - Mark

Comment

Hulk,

How about the MSPRO 6.5 registry entries??
                            paulw

Comment

I didn't remove them manually. I would think that the MS Pro 6.5 uninstall would remove them? No?

-Mark
                              - Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X