How do I clean up mpg audio track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I clean up mpg audio track?

I did some TV recordings with my Marvel G200 TV. At the time, I didn't realize that the Lexmark printer driver was causing a barely noticeable sound glitch. It made a recurring noise in the recording that reminds me of the sound that would occur when you had dust on a LP, not a scratch sound, but a soft <click> sort of sound

I have posted this sound.mpg = 1.68 MB (1,762,584 bytes) clip so you can clearly hear it

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

It recurs throughout the entire recording. Is there a simple way I can remove this. Is there a program that will auto cleanup the audio track of a mpg file?

thanks

I downloaded the file to check it out. After demultiplexing the audio from the video using TMPENc I used the decrackle filter in Soundforge 6.0

It does a pretty good job. I assume you're talking about the "pop" that occur every now and then in the sound track?

Note that using this filter does cut out a bit of audio for a split second, but I could come to a setting that took enough "edge" off the pop to make it not so noticeable.

If you have SF I'd give that a try.

Good luck.

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
    X