ONE more day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONE more day...

In the communique coming out from the Azores summit the leaders of the US, Spain, the UK and Portugul say they will give the UN, and therefore Saddam, ONE more day for diplomacy to work. That's it. Enough is enough.

If France, Germany & Russia don't change their minds and support drop-dead timelines of short duration for Iraqi compliance with dead-certain action if it doesn't there will not be another vote in the Security Council. They will have laid their cards on the table and will have to deal with the consequences.

A long drop-dead timeline is unlikely to fly with the allies given that Saddam is moving SCUD missiles and their launchers into position to fire on Israel and its neighbors. SCUD's themselves are a violation of the UN's 150km limit as its variants can go up to 1000 km. So much for getting rid of the Al Samoud 2 being a big deal. It was just a diplomatic ruse, as usual

Absent this it's most likely the war would start within the week.

As one reporter said: there is one more grain in the hourglass and it's teetering....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 March 2003, 12:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Re: ONE more day...

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
    A long drop-dead timeline is unlikely to fly with the allies given that Saddam is moving SCUD missiles and their launchers into position to fire on Israel and its neighbors. SCUD's themselves are a violation of the UN's 150km limit as its variants can go up to 1000 km. So much for getting rid of the Al Samoud 2 being a big deal. It was just a diplomatic ruse, as usual
    [/B]
    See, we had <B>no idea</B> they had those SCUDs. They weren't even in the "full disclosure" reports. These missiles are just more proof that the inspections are working.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I think it's sad how Saddam will probably attack Israel even though they are not directly part of this. If he does attack Israel, they are already said they will fight back this time. I hope for hopes sake that this war is quick.

Curious to know if any of you think Israel fighting back if Saddam attacks them will lead to further middle eastern countries getting involved?

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

no they are too lazy...
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Yes. The other middle eastern countries will give lots of money to the suicide bombers.

They will NOT, however, get DIRECTLY involved. They know when they're beat, unlike SoDumb.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            unlike SoDumb.

- Gurm
            You mean Madass?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

who's who though.......
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

If this isn't necessary, I apologize:

SoDumb -> Sadam
                Madass -> Sadam (backwards)

Comment

Working...
                X