The amazing disappearing re-appearing fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The amazing disappearing re-appearing fish

Yes three years ago was the last siting of this fish a Green Tench. It was a fairly large Tench as well one day it was there the next it couldn't be seen. I presumed a Cat ate it.
    Well the pond has been emptied and cleaned several times and of course no Green Tench. Yesterday I cleaned the pond out again due an invasion of blanket weed and sitting amongst the panicing Frogs was one Green Tench. So how the hell did it manage to hide for so long???? I'm baffled any ideas??
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

between some plants? it could also be a different one.
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Strange Voodoo fish are Tench. Supposedly able to bury themselves in the silt over winter. Not sure if this is an old wives tale but it might be a possibility.

Regards Michael
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Not enougth silt for it too hide in. What I think has happened is that it's hid in some weed and was pulled out with that weed and then back again. Surprising it didn't die though.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

They are also quite tough. Glad that its safe and well cus Tench are some of my favourites

Regards MD
          Interests include:
          Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Working...
          X