Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome

Well after much coding, sweat, sleepless nights and a few tears (from banging my head against a wall).
    Here is our new home. If you haven't looked at the main MURC page yet, please do so.

We have some few new features, and a different look.

Apart from news items now being actual threads in the forum, we have a more 'user friendly' user review section (thanks to the guys in the DV forum for the idea), new poll section and a few other things.

Also look at the bottom of each post, next to the 'report this post' link is the post number, there is a hyperlink attached to that for easy referencing of posts in other threads.

If you have any threads you wish to see made news, contact Ant, myself or one of the murc writers. Also if you wish to submit pics with a review email them to myself or ant for placement in the correct location.

If you notice any bugs or strange occurrences please let me know, and I'll get on it as soon as I can.

There may be more movement going on later, in and around the forums, but that's as yet to be seen

A special thanks to Jesterzwild and Dparadis for their help with the graphics - and you to Gurm.

Welcome to our new home

Dan
    Last edited by Sasq; 3 April 2003, 19:23.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

All I can say is "Nice"

Comment

yup.

O yea. When I entered I literally jumped! Yesterday I was looking at the front page and I was like... oh man... news from december 22

Comment

hehe, well we are trying to get a bit more activity happening.

Some of the stuff on the news page is still down and will be till I have time to enter all the data for downloads and links etc

While we have a user review section up, I want to get something better for 'murc' reviews happening, so same thing for now head to the old page for some things.

So in the mean time, if you need any of that you will have to head to the old news page.

Dan
        Last edited by Sasq; 16 March 2003, 07:25.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Looks good

but it will take some getting used to.
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Mmm doesn't seem to be a way of logging out anymore or am I blind.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Cheers Sasq! I think alot of us realize the amount of time you put in on this and it's shaping up nicely.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Nope still at the bottom of the page...
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

Hmm is the forum background supposed to be white? ah i still had the old MURC pic in the cache.
                  on a second look: i like how the stuff is organized nowand the new features, but i totally can't get used to the new colors
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

hmm... these forums are getting a bit more lively yay.

Comment

The forums used to have a color scheme that was almost like the new one in its beginning
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Nice, although I was just getting used to those dec 22nd news

Honestly, I like it. Now we just need regular updates

Comment

Looks quite good... Very patriotic (those who don't know what I mean, go find the Finnish flag).

I have noticed just a few minor details:

-When I came to the forums, I wasn't logged in... I decided to reply to this thread, it automagically asked me for a login, thanked me for logging in but then delivered me to the page http://forums.murc.ws/forums/newrepl...hreadid=40477& (the old MURC 404 not found)..?

-The "Miscellanious" section in News Categories should be "Miscellaneous", I suppose (very minor).

-The disclaimer at the bottom of the mainpage could maybe be cut down a little

Edit: All in all, I think you guys have made an excellent job... I've seen a lot of forums get updated, and most transitions haven't been half as smooth as this one.

Thank you
                          Last edited by Tempest; 16 March 2003, 09:14.

Comment

currently haveing some cookie problems, have coffee in hand, see what i can do...

Anyone having cookie problems, please clear all of the cookies for murc from your cookie folder

Dan
                            Juu nin to iro

Comment

Yea... cookies and coffees are the most essential nuterient combinations

Comment

Working...
                              X