Is Matrox finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Matrox finished

Hi dudes havent been on here in a while, I just wondered is this the end for matrox? no drivers in over three months, no anouncements you would have thought Matrox, could have had a refreshed Parhelia out by now wouldnt you maybe 400/700mhz, now that would be more than fast enough to keep up with the likes of the 9500/9700non pros. It just makes you wonder Matrox are showing the classic signs of a company that might be gone soon.

When has Matrox EVER been concerned with keeping up with other companies gaming speeds?
    Every time they have ever come out with a new chip, the follow-up cards have ALWAYS been a slower, lower-cost version of the original. You can bet the next version or 2 of Parhelia will be no different from that pattern.

Face it...gaming speed has never been Matrox's main concern, and never will be. They are more concerned with providing a stable, quality product with features nobody else has. That's the way they have run their company for more than a quarter of a century, and they have no reason to change that approach.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

there were new drivers for G-series on Feb 28

Keep in mind that Matrox do make a lot of money from their video division.

However, i do agree that there are lots of problems with the MGA management. Certainly Matrox could do much better than making some crappy G550 and banding Parhelia. There's no doubt about that. So don't ask what on earch Matrox Graphics is thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Unicron
        Hi dudes havent been on here in a while, I just wondered is this the end for matrox? no drivers in over three months, no anouncements you would have thought Matrox, could have had a refreshed Parhelia out by now wouldnt you maybe 400/700mhz, now that would be more than fast enough to keep up with the likes of the 9500/9700non pros. It just makes you wonder Matrox are showing the classic signs of a company that might be gone soon.
        (i)a 400/700 part would run a 9800 close(ia)would also require a major re design,(ii) new parhelia drivers on way soon, (iii) too many parhelias left over to bring out new ones and still make money, (iv)matrox dont compete on 6 month product cycles as they are not in that market.

HOWEVER, why bothering developing a parhelia once every 3 years as you need to plough loads of r&d into it to get just one chip and a few lame spin offs ala 450 and 550 to the G400, surely its more economically sensible to have a continuous developement and release new products every year to try to roucoup some cash?dont want to start any rumours here because there are not any but just asking a point.
        I dont think matrox is dead but i think it has left the gaming world for quite some time, now will ATI ever do triple head(Please).
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          That's the way they have run their company for more than a quarter of a century, and they have no reason to change that approach.
          Is the fact that their new luxury card received as lukewarm reception as their previous G550 card for OEMs a good reason? The Parhelia could have had the whole niche to itself, instead people are going and buying Radeons for similar 2D and twin monitor capabilities. If they do make a cut down one, I hope they do it right

One wonders if they are even capable of releasing that now though...
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
            Face it...gaming speed has never been Matrox's main concern, and never will be.
            I'm not sure Matrox knows that They say the P is a card for professional workstations users, yet they don't miss an opportunity to emphasize it's gaming capabilities, especially TH.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yeah, they are advertising capabilities...not speed. Of course the only problem is they don't have the performance to all those features switched on...

Comment

Working...
              X