I'm so pissed off I could spit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so pissed off I could spit...

Stopped downtown for dinner for about 45 minutes tonight, and in that time someone smashed the rear passenger side window of my car and made off with the following stuff:

ThinkPad A22m$4,000 (approx)
    Canon S30 Camera$800
    Memory Card$120
    HP 48GX Calculator$150
    Backpack $75
    CD Cases $40
    Gym bag $30
    Climbing gear $120
    VariousCables$50
    Umbrella $25
    Screwdriver $20
    Leatherman $50
    Camera bag $30
    Shorts $40
    Padlock $10

Broken window TBD

Total $5,560

It should all be covered, other than the $300 deductible on the window, but it's still hugely inconvienient and invasive. I mistakenly left the bags in the back seat, when I usually put them in the trunk. I just didn't think of it tonight.

The most annoying part is that I just got an alarm installed TWO DAYS AGO! Unfortunately, I didn't opt for the glass break sensor, so it didn't even trigger.

Anyway, if anyone in the toronto area is offered a thinkpad or canon s30 for cheap, let me know so I can bounce their head off a brick wall a few times. Thanks
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Shitty deal, I know how it feels.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

damn dude, that sucks I had my truck broken into one time. They stole my head unit, 2 amps, my entire speaker box which had 2 12's, a x-over, and a hidden compartment with 3 leather jackets stuffed inside. They also stole my buddies entire CD collection, 2 purses and my zippo lighter. They ripped my upholestry on my seats and ceiling taking the box out. I can honestly say I know how you feel
      The good news is, this will be a distant memory soon. Sorry about yours.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Re: I'm so pissed off I could spit...

Originally posted by agallag
        Anyway, if anyone in the toronto area is offered a thinkpad or canon s30 for cheap, let me know so I can bounce their head off a brick wall a few times. Thanks
        Let's hope you get the chance
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

However you should be able to leave things on your backside without some shit head knicking it.
          Sorry to hear about it.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yeah that sucks, some sucker stole my radio once which i really liked (kenwood black mask) Were the things on display in the car or in the bag?
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Have had my car sound system (Sub, amp, speakers, cd, cd's etc.) stolen 4 times so I know how it feels!
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Idea: Look for your stuff on Ebay. A few weeks ago some guy recovered his stolen skis when he saw them for sale on Ebay, won the bidding, and went to pick them up with the police in tow (the sellers lived in the same city).

One could only hope that your thief would be equally stupid.

Kevin

Comment

Don't know if your insurance will cover all that, unless it was fixed to the vehicle (like a radio). You may have to go through your home insurance

Welcome to T.O.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Yeah, it's covered by my home insurance, luckily. No problem there. I found that fact out the hard way a few years back. My stereo was stolen, along with a pile of CDs and some softball equipment when I lived in Hamilton. Stereo and damage to the door lock was covered, but not the CDs or the softball stuff.

I actually got paged this morning by someone who lives in the area. She found one of the two bags in an alley behind her place. Everything valuable was gone obviously, but my spare keys, employee id, and some other small stuff was in there. It would've been a pain in the ass to get that stuff replaced. Something good in all this crap anyway...
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                      Yeah that sucks, some sucker stole my radio once which i really liked (kenwood black mask) Were the things on display in the car or in the bag?
                      Everything was inside the bags, and the backpack wasn't even obviously designed to carry a laptop. Still, it should've been in the trunk, and it usually is when I park downtown. Just forgot last night.

Comment

know how you feel. my dad had his truck stolen. they backed into his apartment wall ,woke him up, and he got to watch them drive away. isn't that just a pain.
                        another dawg basking in the sun

iwill xp333-r, xp2500@ 340ddr :need better ram

Comment

You paid $20 for a screwdriver?? But yeah, that sucks, I've had my home stereo stolen and some music CDs...grrr....
                          System Specs:
                          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Last week a friend of mine was driving home just after dark, with the windows shut and doors locked. Some bastard smashed the passenger window and stole her handbag whilst she was stopped at lights

People who do these things REALLY piss me off. If I ever catch them at it...

T.
                            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
                              You paid $20 for a screwdriver?? But yeah, that sucks, I've had my home stereo stolen and some music CDs...grrr....
                              It was a Benchmark Retract-a-bit, and it turns out it was only $15. Guess I overestimated...

Comment

Working...
                              X