Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

veditor.exe error after shutting down MS Pro 7 in Win2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veditor.exe error after shutting down MS Pro 7 in Win2000?

I have the MS Pro 7 trial loaded on my Win2000 notebook and after I shut the program down I get the following error message:

"veditor.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
    An error log was created."

Anyone know anything about this, or how to prevent it?

BTW, my Compaq evo n600c is 100% stable with all programs on it, including MS Pro 6.52

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

It happened to me with the MSP 6.5 in Win2000 and with the forced (hacked) HW MJPEG.
    After an error, often switched my card (PowerDesk) from PAL to NTSC.
    I never found any error log files, just restarted MSP6.5.
    When I stopped capture Matrox HW MJPEG after a couple of restart no more error here.
    Maybe it helps to find the “right direction” to eliminate this.

Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Mark

I have seen this a couple of times but it seems harmless. I've never lost anything and restarting VEditor is perfectly normal. I don't know the cause. I've also had it happen in VCapture, especially after using Scan and Capture for the first time in a session: thereafter it seems OK. I put it down as a quirk in my machine but, if others are seeing it, maybe we should have to look at it more closely. If you could let us know exactly what you have been doing when it occurs, we'll be able to report it to the techies.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

It happens after I close MS Pro 7. After the program closes and disappears from the screen, the error dialog box I mentioned above appears. I can simply start MS Pro 7 and then close it and I'll get the error. I don't have any hacked drivers or codecs or anything on my system.

-Mark
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Hulk,

Did you ever get any kind of resolution to this? I'm still getting this error when I try to *open* Vcapture or Vedit. I haven't been able to use the program since I bought it. The only response I've had from Ulead has been 4 separate requests for details with no one ever get back to me afterwards.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

This issued was resolved long ago. Look for Doc's post regarding the audio issue dll fix. It fixes this issue as well. If you can't find it, then e-mail me at mdileo@highstream.net and I'll send the fix to you.

Mark
            - Mark

Comment

I can also confirm that the audio *dll's fix the veditor.exe error message bug. You can download the audio *.dll's here;

Just copy 'em into the MSPro7 root folder, overwriting the files already there. You should back up the old ones somewhere if you're nervous

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 April 2003, 11:35.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks guys, but they didn't help. I uninstalled all my Ulead products and reinstalled 6.5 DC and then the 7 upgrade (separate folders) with the new .dll's but I still can't open capture, edit and paint; CGI, the audio editor and MF open OK.

I sent all my system info and and a description of the problem to Jack Hu (at his request) and submitted the same info via the form on the Ulead support page, but the only responses I've had are canned emails asking me to fill out the support page form again --and again -- and again..... I thought someone could at least offer me a new download in case the the one I had was corrupted.

I have too many projects going on right now that I can't take the time to reinstall Windows (and all the Windows updates and reinstalling all my hardware and software and all their drivers and updates....)

Steve

Comment

Steve,

That sucks. It looks like you have something else going on. Do you have another system to load the software to check it out? 6.5 is working okay for you?

I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. If you think the dll's are corrupt, e-mail me and I'll send you the ones I have.

Mark
                  - Mark

Comment

I had the exact same problem, but the audio dll's fixed them. Seemed pretty harmless at first, but it made me wonder. Supposedly there were some other issues fixed with the new files.
                    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
                    X