Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chnaging the bios defaults?

I have a slight problem with my Motherboard:
    It has its onboard sound enabled as default!

And unfourtunatley that makes my raid card go "heywire"

So everytime I have to reset bios I also have to rip the raid card out to get into bios to turn of the onboard sound

Now I wonder if anyone know how to hack the bios.bin(in order to flash the bios and making it behawe ) to have the onboard sound disabled as default instead of enabled
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

What motherboard? Does it have jumper selection to physically disable it besides in bios?
    Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

Msi 745Ultra.

No jumpers at all (I hate them :\ )
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Since you can't physically disable the audio (or at least keep it disabled) Make sure you assign a different interrupt to the raid controller. If at all possible manually assign IRQs in such a manner that the RAID board doesn't have to share IRQs.
        Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

modbin.exe .. and choose chipset setup defaults, use pgup/pgdwn to navigate .. it works with award bios ver. 4.51 dunno about other versions.

search for it over the net
          GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Thanks arbymo

cking4@ford.com & homebrewer:
            It happens wathewer slot its in!!!
            Becuase its the defalt value it happens even if I updates the bios!

Comment

amibcp
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
                amibcp
                Is "amibcp" for AMI bioses?? Coz I'm looking for a program similar to Modbin for my motherboard's AMI bios!

Cheers
                Ovi

Comment

Yes.
                  But it won't allow you to change "overclocking" settings.
                  P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                  Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Thanks!
                    Actually I need to change the "Startup delay"(to allow for HDDs to spin up) setting in my bios, which, annoyingly is set to the max value of 15 sec, and is not shown in the bios setup!! I need to change that to zero! I just checked out screenshots of this utility, it sure is exactly what I wanted. So off I go to try it out!!

Cheers
                    Ovi

Comment

Working...
                    X