any AVID users here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any AVID users here

well just as it sais above.... any AVID XDV or other Users here....?
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Yes.

Comment

realy .. great... i was begining to think i was all alone here... so what is your impresion....... what do kind of work do you do with it.... and what kind of compositing/efects SW do you use....
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

No, you´re not alone. See my specs below...
        -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
        2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
        Matrox Parhelia 128
        Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
        Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
        Maxtor 300 GB for video
        Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
        Win XP Pro

At work:
        Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
        Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

i am in great company then.... .....

ok here is a question that has been buging me.... i have never seen the Avid DS-HD system.... how good (or bad) is it... how does it compare with discreet fire/inferno combo..... expected use for digital and HD cinema...

Comment

I've been using XDV since version 1.5 for commercials, documentaries, and short-form film originated narrative projects (using FilmScribe generated cutlists.) I export QT reference files for effects in AE and DVD authoring using TMPGEnc and various authoring software. I fast-import files from AE using the Avid DV codec. I plan on getting Boris Continuum Complete for AVX very soon, it looks to be a very exciting plugin package.

I'm still using 3.0 with Win2k since I haven't been editing much lately due to a 9 month gig doing camera on a Warner Brothers series. I have two documentary projects coming up this spring/summer though, so I should be upgrading to WinXP/ Avid 3.5 (maybe 4.0 by then if rumors are correct) very soon. I couldn't be happier with my current setup, however, so I'll probably be keeping it around on another partition. I can get 4 layers of realtime effects at best quality settings with my ancient 900mhz/256mb/440bx, far better than any other software I have tried! I have a G400Max driving my main 21" vga and 32" ntsc via DVDMax for realtime previews, and a g200 driving my secondary 21" vga. I have two WD1200JBs running on a Promise Ultra100 for storage. I'm currently looking to buy a laptop and 1394 harddrive to use with XDV when I'm on the road.

I have used AvidDS before. It is, without a doubt, the best thing out there for editing HD, and the price reflects that. The newest version has the Media Composer interface, so any Avid editor will feel right at home.

Comment

yeh... i have been forced to work on Premier befor AXDV came out... (i did work on MC and xpress befor but i mean work at home) i love XDV do lots of documentaries and short form films ... including one of my own.... i wish there was a way to put it up on the web for people to see but becuse my composer failed to deliver music i had to used published music and there is no way for me to pay the royalties.... so my film is now archived and rarly used.. it was my senior year project..... ahh....

i havent ben able to coexist with AE i found Combustion to be more verstile and user freindly than AE... for sound i use CubaseSX .. couldnt stomach Protools after seeing cubase.... i am origonaly a sound pro who eased in to the editing world....

i would love to get my hands on a DS system but after reading some reviews... inspite of the DS sytem being great ... i am being left with the imprestion that a Fire system on an ONYX3200 is far more atractive....

a few aquaintances and i are planing on opening up our own HD production house and i was wondering what peoples recomendations are...

Comment

Working...
              X