IBM Hard drive Warranty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Hard drive Warranty ?

My mates IBM Deskstar i think its the GXP 60 model 40 Gb, gave up it's last breath it was manufactured Dec 2001, Made in Hungary.

I want to ask does IBM give 1 year or 3 year warranty, and what to do now, does he need to send it back to IBM and if yes, where?

I hered there were a lot of people having problems with certain IBM drives :/
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

if the hdd was a retail model then you have a 3 year warranty.
    if it was OEM then you'll have to contact your reseller to see what warranty was given with the hdd.

Comment

It was OEM, he went to the reseller that he bought the pc from and they told him to contact IBM because they only gave one year warranty :/
      So i guess its all bad news
      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

is that just an IBM policy?... I have returned maxtor, fujitsu and WD OEM drives without a problem here in canada.. up to 3 years after manufacture
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Didn't bother about the warrenty on my remaining IBM I just hit it with an hammer and enjoyed it.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ah, don't do that PIT! They're cool to take apart, and the voice coil magnets are awesome toys!

Comment

Well it gave me enougth grief so it was pay back time.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

You wern't in the right frame of mind, try to think of it as performing a vivisection on someone who cut you off in traffic or something.

Comment

Working...
                X