IE problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE problems

I've got a few problems with IE, but they never bothered me enough to post about it and ask for help. Now they do.

Once in a while IE looses all my cookies, and i have to login into every forum etc. again. Actually the cookies are still there but IE just makes new folders in my temp folder (D:\TEMP), D:\TEMP\Cookies, D:\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files and starts to put all the Cookies etc. in those folders
    I can already predict when it happens because IE will need a minute to start and will heavily access the disk, cpu usage at 100%.
    What is going on here?

Also another problem, minor though: I have a file called spiegel[1]. in my TEMP folder, and XP just refuses to delete it
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

is spiegel[1] an avi file?

Comment

try going in via the command line, had a similar problem and command line allowed me to delete it.

Dan
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

it was originally an jpeg or gif i guess, but somehow it lost the extension. i can't rename it either because XP says the file cannot be found. del on the cmd line says the same thing. the file is 0 byte. i've already run chkdsk on it, no errors reported.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Install Recovery console

Start run->mmc
          open compmgmt.msc

Console->add remove snapins
          Local Computer Policy
          Change Recovery console Allow Floppy copy and access to all drives and folders.

Reboot in recovery console

Log on

try deleting file from there.

Comment

Working...
          X