Hah.... they will never get it will they

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah.... they will never get it will they

these people will never figure out why "warez" people are doing what they are doing..... its all about the money...... and as my freind used to say "nothing is unhackble or crackable"
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Just who on Fox are you talking about?

If it's Oreilly, Hannity, the morning crew etc. then you're talking about editorialists, who would be expected to take a position.

I actually find their hard news people quite balanced, often bringing in people from both sides & pressing both to defend their positions. That alone is a refreshing change from CNN's "all liberal, all the time" approach.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

sory posted that in the wrong thread
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Re: Hah.... they will never get it will they

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
        its all about the money......

Bullshit. You know how much it costs to put together the servers that are on topsites? over 1TB of storage, Fibre or GB NICs, etc etc... sure, putting this stuff together now is easy and cheap, but what about a year or two ago? you think someone pays them to put the servers up?

Its not about money, as these people hardly ever see a cent of it.

There are a fair amount of people who do this stuff for the challenge and thrill... putting a box hosting illegal software on a connection capable of well over 10MB/sec sustained to other servers... cracking new encryption and anti-piracy means... making and stealing an extra copy from the manufacturing plant...

now... you get to the taiwanese piracy market... thats a slightly different story... since most of anything that you buy on cds is pirated in some countries, it is big $$$, but most of the money is going into the manufacturing and production costs, not the acctual piracy...
        Last edited by DGhost; 14 March 2003, 09:01.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I have to agree. I used to Crack games on my Atari 800, all the time. It was the challenge that was fun. Money was not even thought of.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

when i said its all about the money i ment the companies not the underground network... i am for "warez" as long as the companies keep asking for those stupidly high prices that as a student i can never aford

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
              i am for "warez" as long as the companies keep asking for those stupidly high prices that as a student i can never aford
              That's not your decision to make.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

i dont folow.....

Comment

well, uhh, tough shit. its illegal to do. and as long as its illegal to do, companies have a right to including features such as Windows Product Activation and keep software costs high by either developing or liscensing anti-piracy features.

Seriously... in a recent article Intuit claimed that only 1/3rd of the people who filed taxes through their software acctually bought a copy. that equates to 5 million people who bought the software and another 10 million who filed with it without purchasing it. Thats the sort of thing that companies have problems with.

if software was magically cheaper would you acctually buy it? really? when its easier just to get a friend to give you a copy? i know a lot of people that didn't even buy Serious Sam, even though it was only $20. And a lot of people only buy software if they really need to (ie, online play).

Edit: W00t! 1000th post!
                  Last edited by DGhost; 14 March 2003, 23:14.
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Off Topic:
                    Congrats on 1000 posts DGhost
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Whoa... that happened already... w00h00!

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                        if software was magically cheaper would you acctually buy it? really? when its easier just to get a friend to give you a copy? i know a lot of people that didn't even buy Serious Sam, even though it was only $20. And a lot of people only buy software if they really need to (ie, online play).

Edit: W00t! 1000th post!
                        DO not agree!!!

MS did a test run on selling a "home" license for office in sweden where it cost about 100$ instead of the usual 600-900$.
                        You had to fill in a form send it in to them wait wait wait get the software in the mail, and then pay, Not surpricingly customers thought it was a drag......
                        But they bought it in loads......
                        and If it hadent been for MS over paranoid way to sell it it had been a even bigger hit.

Nowdays we sell tons of Staroffice, becuase it's cost is a tenth of the MS office!!! (and NO we would never ever have sold as many MS office licences)

Price has a big influence

Off Topic:

Congrats

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

thats waht i mean..... its not a mater of not paying.. but not every one has that sort of mony readly available

Comment

I do buy software. A _lot_ of software. Sometimes it pisses Julie off because if I start playing a game and like it... I buy it.

If I find a piece of software useful, I buy it.

But I'm poor. I cannot afford some of my most useful software. *sigh*

No Photoshop license for me, sorry.

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                            X