win 2k install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win 2k install

Hi, I cannot install Win2K no matter what i do. I've tried NTFS AND FAT32. The farthest I've gotten it to install was getting it to restart and have it load the WIN2K startup screen and then right before Windows opens, it stops and says that I have a catalog error. It says that the signature for the file NT5.CAT is not correct or can't be found. And then under that, it also says that the signatures are not the same or something. This is a product catalog installation error. I have tried everything I could think of. I have a P III 450 on an Asus P3B-F revission 1006, 256 MB CAS-2 Corsair PC100, two IBM 20.5GB 7200 running in RAID 0 on a Fasttrak 66. I have an Adaptec 2940 U controller hooked up to a Plextor 40X and a Plextor 8/20. Any help would be appreciated.

maybe you have got a bad 'copy'?

else try to install with ACPI forced off, or with ACPI forced on (Press F5 when setup starts the first time, and it says 'press F6 to load SCSI or other drivers...'). Then select either ACPI pc or standard pc.. (just don't select anything with uniprocessor or multiprocessor).

A BIOS udate won't harm you ither I guess...

Comment

Working...
    X