Inexpensive web hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive web hosting

Friend of mine wants to run a simple website that doesn't take a lot of bandwidth, but needs a high uptime. He doesn't want to spend more than $10 a month...what do you guys suggest? Keep in mine we're in the US.

We already talked about hosting a good bit. I use dreamhost. $10/mo, 250MB storage, 10GB transfer, 5 shell accounts.

Edit: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39791
    Last edited by Wombat; 13 March 2003, 22:20.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hmmm... a friend pointed me to a great one the other day:

$10 a month gets you 1 GB of web space, 15 email accounts, SSI, PHP4, CGI / Perl, 15 webemail accounts and 15 FTP accounts. Not too shabby.

The kicker is you have to pay for the full year at signing, so you need $120 + $25 setup fee to get going initially. Still a great price for what you get. I can never find their throughput limits, but I'm told it's 1 GB a month.

Jammrock

PS - Maybe Ant should look into these guys. For $300 a year he can get unlimited web space, unlimited email and FTP and 25 Gb of throughput.
      Last edited by Jammrock; 14 March 2003, 06:31.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Cool, I'll probably tell him to go with dreamhost. Thnx.

Comment

Working...
        X