DMA won't stay anymore! @#@$@ W 98'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMA won't stay anymore! @#@$@ W 98'

I use to be able to click on this option in the disk option and am no longer able to.
    Any one knows how i can do this under win 98.
    Thanks

What kind of HD / motherboard? I had similar
    problem with a Maxtor UDMA66 drive on a UDMA33
    interface. Windows 98 would throw a hissy fit and
    put it into DOS compatibility mode.
    You can try: boot into Safe Mode / delete the drive
    from Device Manager / reboot / let Windows detect new
    hardware and reinstall drivers. See if that helps.

Comment

It's a SONY VAIO PCV-133
      I replaced the original 4g drive with a fujitsu 6gb
      it runs under phoenix BIOS
      200Mhxz win 98'
      i recently reformated and re-installed 98' from ground up.
      i can get video to play ok everywhere, but when it comes to the darn previe (Cutlist) I can't seem to have it work. Playback is slow it jitters, transitions plays sometimes and when it does it seems as if it's playing it @ 5fps very jumpy. Uhh
      I had my system once running really smooth with same hardware and the thing crashed. Now I've tryied everything and nothing seems to work.
      drivers 4.10
      Thanks

Comment

Double check the BIOS settings. Does your Phoenix BIOS offer a "Full Auto" configuration option? In my Award BIOS, with "auto" selected, it displays NO cylinder/heads/sectors information on the configuration page. The BIOS gets the necessary info from the hard drive itself.

I had a devil of a time getting my old Maxtor 17 gig UDMA33 drive to talk to my new Maxtor 30 gig ATA66 drive (on a UDMA33 controller) until I set all drives for "Auto configuration" (including CD burner).

Another thought: try switching your CD drive from primary slave to secondary slave (or visa-versa).

Check your mobo manufacturer's website. Hopefully they'll have more info on BIOS settings than MY mobo manufacturer did!

Comment

Working...
        X