onboard raid for capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onboard raid for capture

Hi gang ..any good or bad stories about onboard raid for capture? Thanks for your time..bob t..
    epox p4sda+
    p4@1.8a
    1024mbpc2700(kingmax)
    g450eTv
    TB santa cruz
    2x Wd 80GB onboard(highpoint)raid0 W2000sp2

If it's a highpoint we have loads of horrorstories
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I have never had a good experience with Highpoint.
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Thanks gang for the reply.....Highpoint praise sounds like it may be lacking, and of course my epox board has highpoint. First tests seem ok but have problems with source window freeze in msp6.5 using avi_io. At this point , don't know ir its a capture problem due to raid or what. Will plug away and sort it out......Thanks again..bob t..
          epox p4sda+
          p4@1.8a
          1024mbpc2700(kingmax)
          g450eTv
          TB santa cruz
          2x Wd 80GB onboard(highpoint)raid0 W2000sp2

Comment

as Highpoint controllers go, epox does some the best. Their bios usually have all the glitches sorted out and they don't releases bios/drivers unless they are good.

I have had a lot of good luck with an hpt370 on 8kta3+, full 720x576 captures with only a hand full of dropped frames.

But as you can see above planty of poeple do have problems with higpoint.

Comment

I had no problems whatsoever with the highpoint 370 onboard RAID on my EPoX 8KHA as well.
              And now I have a Highpoint370 based PCI card that was working fine in the EPoX8K3A before and now is working well in my current EPoX 8RDA+.

But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

i have the promise teck card... its great.. no problems sofar
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                X