No announcement yet.

The France/Syria/China Connection.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The France/Syria/China Connection.....

William Safir nailed 'em in todays NY Times;

France, China and Syria all have a common reason for keeping American and British troops out of Iraq: the three nations may not want the world to discover that their nationals have been illicitly supplying Saddam Hussein with materials used in building long-range surface-to-surface missiles.

We're not talking about short-range Al Samoud 2 missiles, which Saddam is ostentatiously destroying to help his protectors avert an invasion, nor his old mobile Scuds. The delivery system for mass destruction warheads requires a much more sophisticated propulsion system and fuels.

If you were running the Iraqi ballistic missiles project, where in the world would you go to buy the chemical that is among the best binders for solid propellant?

Answer: to 116 DaWu Road in Zibo, a city in the Shandong Province of China, where a company named Qilu Chemicals is a leading producer of a transparent liquid rubber named hydroxy terminated polybutadiene, familiarly known in the advanced-rocket trade as HTPB.
    He goes on to discribe why the French, Syrians and Chinese...all of whom are integral in paralyzing the UN Security Council. Kinda hard to get a concensus when so many on the council have dirty (filthy?) hands.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Everyone on the Council has dirty hands, no need to bring it here Doc. You know exactly where this will end. Actually i can sum it up already:

Someone will come and mention the US involvement in the Iran/Iraq war, then someone will start bashing France, then someone will start bashing the US, then people will start bashing each other. Then the Thread gets closed. Then the Lounge will get closed. And then ... Zokes will be unhappy

You don't want that, do you?
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Just reporting current events, which should be OK if people stay mature.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

thop is right WTF can't you just stop posting stuff like this!?! This is just the kind of threds that got the soap box closed!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well you can't lock out real life it has a habbit of kicking you up the ass sooner or later.
          Doc is right if you're mature theres no problem if you don't like the threads don't read em. Bit like the TV with a shitty program you turn it off.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            Just reporting current events, which should be OK if people stay mature.

Dr. Mordrid
            well some might start taking offence and think of your post as a means to provoke...... any way same would hapen if a news not in favour of the US was being posted...
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I'd rather not.

Dr Mordrid I adwise you to look at that page and read a few other news sites that have different opinions: for instance I tend to read cnn.com, bbc.co.uk and pravda.ru - much better picture when hearing different opinions.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 13 March 2003, 12:34.

Comment

Looks and reads more like "current opinion of the author" or "current editorial and speculation" than "current events".

More right-wing BS

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                  Everyone on the Council has dirty hands, no need to bring it here Doc. You know exactly where this will end. Actually i can sum it up already:

Someone will come and mention the US involvement in the Iran/Iraq war, then someone will start bashing France, then someone will start bashing the US, then people will start bashing each other. Then the Thread gets closed. Then the Lounge will get closed. And then ... Zokes will be unhappy

You don't want that, do you?
                  Why would anybody want to be reminded about the American governments involvement in forign wars. That would just make them sound like hypocrites and we would not want that now, would we.

Damien.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                    I'd rather not.

Dr Mordrid I adwise you to look at that page and read a few other news sites that have different opinions: for instance I tend to read cnn.com, bbc.co.uk and pravda.ru - much better picture when hearing different opinions.
                    That's pretty funny. The only ones that weren't against military action were Washington and Tel Aviv.

That response seems just a little too...what's the word I'm looking for...fixed? Seems like every country other than the US and Israel have their heads in the sand ignoring the potential for risk.
                    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                    people do all day!"

Comment

""thop is right WTF can't you just stop posting stuff like this!?! This is just the kind of threds that got the soap box closed!""

""Well you can't lock out real life it has a habbit of kicking you up the ass sooner or later.
                      Doc is right if you're mature theres no problem if you don't like the threads don't read em. Bit like the TV with a shitty program you turn it off.""

""well some might start taking offence and think of your post as a means to provoke...... any way same would hapen if a news not in favour of the US was being posted... ""

Maybe what we need is a code word for the subject line, something like "NSFTEO" (Not Safe For The Easily Offended).

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
                        Maybe what we need is a code word for the subject line, something like "NSFTEO" (Not Safe For The Easily Offended).

Kevin
                        No, that doesn't work either. This post should be for another forum all together.

Dave
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Also please take note that all of the "easily offended" members are from... Germany, Northern Europe, France... emm, need I go on?

One thing that has me wondering is this.

Let's say that the USA goes bulldozing into Iraq, without the approval of the UN. What happens when we find all those nasty weapons, with French and Chinese and Russian fingerprints all over them?

I mean, just FINDING them in the first place would make the UN look REALLY REALLY bad. But finding them and tracing them to France and China and whatnot... would probably deal a CRIPPLING blow to international diplomacy.

I tend to think that's ONE of the reasons these countries are so desperate for us NOT to go to war with Iraq. Nobody bitched this loud over Serbia, or Lebanon, or any of the other nasty invasions we've had in the past 20 years... why Iraq? Why now do the French suddenly develop a conscience? What do they have to hide?

I guess we'll find out. Regardless of how anyone feels, Bush and Powell seem poised to fight. So we'll see what they find.

And WOE to the rest of the world if we invade and Saddam DOES have the weapons... and tries to use them on us.

- Gurm
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

/RANT *****if you are easily offended DO NOT READ FURTHER***

WTF?? What is the problem? I'm sorry, I disagree. I for one, like posts like this, as I find it interesting, same as if someone posts an Anti war thread. I don't always agree with what that article says, but if I don't, I don't throw a tantrum.

Please! Everyone has a point of view. Get over it. We can discuss this like adults. I just don't see how someone can get bent out of shape over an article. If you don't agree, say why in a calm tone. Ban all politics from Murc? *shakes Head*

I WANT TO HEAR WHY YOU DISAGREE. I don't want to hear you flame someone cause they don't agree with you.

Thanks Doc, you always present these things for us to make our own judgements about. Don't like war news? Don't read it. Don't like Cable TV? don't get it. It is that simple.

If I offended you, too bad.

/END RANT
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

What? Told you so?
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X