Opera 7.03 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 7.03 released

Seems even quicker whether it will plagued with slow down bugs only time will tell.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Good to hear!

Comment

I wonder if the Bork, Bork, Bork feature is in it still?
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Don't like Opera It doesn't agree with my website

Comment

You sure? It works fine here (IE6 and Opera7)
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Yep this 7.03 seems to be quick. I hope I won't have that same bug anymore. Everytime I visit a given website, Opera close itself after a minute or two... Weird !
            System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Opera doesn't like my nav system.

First time you boot up the anims works fine but when you go over them again they go to the last frame rather then replaying the small anim again. There is also a problem every now and again when opening a link, opens a new tab when it shouldn't

Have to admit though that the tabbed browsing is nice. Might give .03 a go see if it fixes a few things.

Comment

The navigation is a little annoying, but my IE redownloads the image each time I rollover - which on dialup means I will probably have rolled "off" by the time the image downloads again. Wonder why Opera doesn't restart the animation though. I'm guessing it's a common issue, although it might be linked to certain JavaScripts...Phoenix 0.5 doesn't display it at all here, Mozilla 1.1 performs the same as Opera.

When does it create tabs?

http://www.galleryof3d.com/site/profile.php?ID=1 has a link to www.warpedspace.org which opens in a new tab as expected.

The nav thing is a little annoyance, but Opera also lets you scroll your top left frame, "side", because when the the browser window is less than ~650 pixels high you lose out on the bottom part of that frame. With all other browsers (as above) you have to click and drag downwards to see all the frame - rolling the wheel in Opera is much nicer
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

All external links are supposed to open in a new window but in testing on my machine every now and again, (quite rare) one of the actual images in the main gallery opens up a new tab. This should not happen as they are all directed to the main frame. This is quite rare and it seems to happen when I click a link as it is still doing something.

That is another issue I have with Opera. I designed my site with 1024 *768 in mind. By default Opera takes up way too much Vertical space, other then the main frame I hope viewers never need to scroll although Opera does seem to deal with this in a nicer way then IE.

It sometimes also fails to display a whole image. If you interrupt it, it just stops halfway thorugh an image and even navigating out and back in does not force it to render the whole image.

The whole alt-text thing is annoying as well.

Its the little things like this that have stopped me looking for an alternative to IE, and the fact the 95% of my viewers use it. I have not designed my site to be IE specific and as far as I am aware I know what I am doing wed design wise.

With my old site I started to spend some time attempting to minimise the errors between the browsers but at the end of the day it is just not worth th effort.

Still give 7.03 a try, I do like the tabs.

To be fair to Opera though, Mozilla and Netscape deal with my nav system in the same way. 3 v 1 here, maybe I should rethink my nav system. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                    That is another issue I have with Opera. I designed my site with 1024 *768 in mind. By default Opera takes up way too much Vertical space, other then the main frame I hope viewers never need to scroll although Opera does seem to deal with this in a nicer way then IE.
                    Ok, now you are asking for site criticism

Although most 3D/graphics people are used to large resolutions, what if you are on another machine - then sites hard coded to 1024x768 and above get annoying. Horizontal scrolling I can put up with, but lack of scrolling I cannot
                    The whole alt-text thing is annoying as well.
                    What alt-text thing?
                    Its the little things like this that have stopped me looking for an alternative to IE, and the fact the 95% of my viewers use it. I have not designed my site to be IE specific and as far as I am aware I know what I am doing wed design wise.

With my old site I started to spend some time attempting to minimise the errors between the browsers but at the end of the day it is just not worth th effort.

Still give 7.03 a try, I do like the tabs.

To be fair to Opera though, Mozilla and Netscape deal with my nav system in the same way. 3 v 1 here, maybe I should rethink my nav system. lol.
                    Wed design? I have stopped aiming for full browser compatibility, instead accessibility - I would rather someone with Netscape 4 missed out on something than someone with visual impairments. So, Netscape 4-compatibility is my last priority

Comment

Working...
                    X