G200 sodimm upgrade specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 sodimm upgrade specs?

I need to know the specs of those 8meg sodimm memory cards for matrox cards!

i have seen some cards for sale but i dont know much about these sodimm things! here is whats on the 4 ram chips:

0118165BT3D
    70 28H5041
    IBM 5352
    551076404 PQ

the chips look almost the same as the one's on my g200 marvel but they seem to have a pin missing on both sides of the memory chip itself?

anyone have any clues to what size these are?

The G200 marvel uses an 8MB SDRAM sodimm upgrade. Note that there are differant models of the G200s, and some use SGRAM, but from whats on matrox's site, the marvel was SDRAM only.
    I looked at IBM's chip marking guide and their part numbering doesn't exactly match any of the markings on that you posted, but taking an educated guess, here is what I come up with:
    Data Width: x18
    Density: 16Mb
    Function: Burst Pipeline Mode (Power PC)
    Vdd/Vddq/Logic: 2.5v/1.8v/HSTL
    Package Type: TQFP (I think)
    Width: .400 pitch
    Die Revision: D
    Access time: 7ns

This makse sense if there with 4 chips, since the total memory size works out to 8MB then (16Mb *4 / 8bits per byte). And the speed makes sense since I think the card has a 125MHz memory.

Comment

would these work m8?

Comment

Why do you want it? Unless you need the memory for certain high resolutions, it will just slow the card down.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Before you question it, G200s slow down their clock rate when the memory addons are utilised...
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

why is that???

Comment

thats sounds bad

Comment

Yeah, I remember hearing about that. Something that the memory add on card uses slower memory than the stuff on the board, or because of the additional trace length and loading they had to run it slower to avoid errors.

Comment

would that effect the capture side on this card?

Comment

Hrm, not entirely sure about that. sorry

Comment

I dont use the g200 to play games... well tell a lie! i do but only emulation stuff that doesn't touch 3d! my other machines have better spec matrox cards in them if i fancy playing quake3 or summin!

the g200 is just for the tv-out and video capture! if the 8meg upgrade doesnt effect the speed of capture then i willing to try one!

Comment

I think at default speed, adding the extra memory will speed the g200 up a bit, also allow better res/colour depths.

But as soon as you add the memory upgrade you will not be able to overclock as much anymore.

I considered upgrading mine years ago, but it was to expensive...cost the same as a new card!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X