No announcement yet.

avi to mpg conversion problem (bizarre)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avi to mpg conversion problem (bizarre)

Hi,

I have an MJPEG that I want to convert to mpg. I did the conversion with Studio Pro 6.0 under Win2K. Conversion went well and mpg files are great on that system. However I can`t view them elsewhere. Media Player keeps trying to download some unspecified codec.

Tried to convert the files again on a different system (WinNT) with Studio Pro 5.0. Conversion went well once again. When trying to view the files all I get is a white screen.

Anyone have any ideas??? As a note first conversion done under Win2K was done on a system that had Ligos installed on it. Also I did not have administrator priveleges on that system.

Thanks for any help.

I suppose, you have a Marvel or RR card, and your .mpg file is an MPEG2?
    Try to install the software DVD player from your Matrox system CD, then show the MPEG2 with MS MediaPlayer
    It works in W98/W98SE, maybe doesn't in W2K?

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 12 September 2000).]
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

If you have Virtual Dub, try to open the MPG with it: if it cant find a suitable codec for the video stream, Virtual Dub shows a message saying there was an error and specifies the name of the codec used by the file. This way you can do a search through the web for that specific codec and download it.

Comment

Yes it's a RRG with a G400 and the .mpg is an MPEG1. It doesn't work in Win98SE, NT 4.0 (SP6) or Win2K.

I will try Virtual Dub and get back to you.

Thanks to both of you.

Comment

Ok downloaded and installed Virtual Dub.

Get the following message :
          MPEG Import Filter : pack synchronization error.

This file plays with no problems on the system I converted it on.

Any ideas???

Comment

JAZZ,
            sorry, but I'm affraid I was wrong in my first replay here.
            You can install an mpeg2 codec (AppName=LSX-MPEG 2 Transcoder Matrox Editon)from your Matrox CD (E:\Ligos\Setup, if your CD is E:\)
            Hope it works
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X