Copy a website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy a website?

I made a website a few years ago. The site is still up, but I don't have the credentials to access FTP upload anymore.
    The site wants me to log on using the original dialup in order to gain administrative access.

The site is not complex, but it would take quite a while to download it in its entirety.
    Is there a utility that will make this easier?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Yes. But as usual I can't remember it.

Look up "webspider" on google for some pointers I think. I will have a look for you later, but have a meeting right now...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

wget -r?
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Use wget
        I believe there is a windows version out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
          Yes. But as usual I can't remember it.

Look up "webspider" on google for some pointers I think. I will have a look for you later, but have a meeting right now...
          There's a link from Xaldon Technology (Germany). Not sure it's the same but you tell me....

Comment

I tried several windows based tools. No one came close to wget.
            If you want I can make a copy of your website,zip it up, and put it online so you can download it.

Comment

Cheers efty.

I have downloaded WebSpider. It kind of works, but I do not know enough German to configure it properly. I have got wget, i'll have a try first.

Thanks for the offer
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Or try this one (it looks promising and the shareware version should be enough):

Teleport pro:
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Erm...

There's one called HT... erm something.

LOL. Amazing, not a one of us can remember the names of the GOOD tools for this.

Frontpage can do it.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

LOL

efty has sent it to me.

Comment

I think Gurm is fishing... euhm ... hinting at this one:
                      HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility. It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. HTTrack arranges the original site's relative link-structure. Simply open a page of the 'mirrored' website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online. HTTrack can also update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads. HTTrack is fully configurable, and has an integrated help system. WinHTTrack is the Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Seven/8 release of HTTrack, and WebHTTrack the Linux/Unix/BSD release.

I use this one (the Windows version), and it is quite good.
                      (freeware ! open source ! Windows and Linux ! )

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I was going to mnetion the same thing, but Gurm and VJ beat me to it
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

got it, and got it running!

Cheers lads

Comment

wget, all you need. oh and sorry for the "me too" kinda post
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

does this HTTRACK also download the java appalets for the site? I have a prof that is looking for a program such as this for teaching his physics classes, this sounds to be like the thing he's looking for, if it does indeed also download the java appalets.

~Sethos
                              "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X