ASUS A7V8X will not capture in Premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A7V8X will not capture in Premiere

Is anybody on this forum using Premiere successfully with the ASUS A7V8X m/board with the on-board firewire? Why does this on-board firewire not work with Premiere ? This ASUS A7V8X m/board is one of the latest sktA Asus boards yet cannot capture in Premiere. It has a built-in firewire VIA 1394 controller.

The MS 1394 Device Control which is required for Premiere does not seem to be available. Where can I download this from?

With WinXP Home it is impossible to uninstall the Texas Instruments 1394 Device Control which apparently, forbids the capture of DV using Premiere. (The program utility UNTI.exe has no effect in WinXP so cannot uninstall TI 1394).

In the meantime let me say that one of the previous ASUS m/boards, A7V333 works fine with the combination of Premiere/Matrox rt2500 (see setup #1). On this I use the Matrox rt2500 DV/Analogue capture with no problems whatsoever.

As a last resort I have today inserted a separate firewire card into the ASUS A7V8X in setup #2. This is Pyro 1394 card. But the same thing happens - 'Unable to find device control' in the Premiere Capture box.
    Exasperated! So would love an answer please in order to find the elusive 'MS Device Control'.
    Merv
    My two setups are below.
    Setup #1 is successful & captures in Premiere OK.
    Setup #2 - cannot capture with Premiere.

Would be grateful for more suggestions to solve setup #2 as am getting desparate!

Setup #1 (no problems. All works OK):
    Athlon 2100+ XP CPU. with ASUS A7V333 SktA M/Board. VIA KT333 Chipset. 4 in 1 Via Drivers Installed. Matrox G550 32Mb Graphics Card.Matrox rt2500. 512Mb DDR RAM (PC2700). IDE 1 Master IBM Deskstar 82.3Gb System Disk. IDE 2 Slave IBM Deskstar 41.1Gb Video Disk. Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-117 Drive. Plextor CD-RW PX-W4012A RW. Win XP Home ServicePk1. PCI 2.1 Latency Compliant. Matrox Video Tools V3.1b. Adobe Premiere 6.5. Hotfix installed.

Setup #2 (can't capture with Premiere):
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU. Asus A7V8X SktA M/Board VIA KT400 Chipset. 4 in 1 Via Drivers Installed. Asus Graphics 64Mb Nvidia GE Force 4 Ti 4200. 256Mb DDR RAM (PC2700) 120Gb Main Disk. 40Gb Video Disk. On-board VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller. WinXP Home ServicePk1. Adobe Premiere 6.5.
    Merv

if I was you I would dump winxp or at least partition your boot drive and have separate boots. use something like boot magic to select your os to boot and DO NOT do the dual boot unless you partition and install into a different partition and you use a boot utility like powerquest's boot magic. my programmer buddy warned me long ago to stay away from windows xp. I dont even like windows xp so I stick to win2k and win98se for windows stuff.

can that asus a7v333 take older matrox cards like the g400/g200 marvel cards? you might look in the book that came with it for specifications. thanks.
    Last edited by Hpar_; 10 March 2003, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
    X