Iraqi Soldiers are Lightning-Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi Soldiers are Lightning-Fast

British paratroopers of 16th Air Assault Brigade were testing their mortars and artillery on a routine exercise, when to their utter amazement a small group of Iraqi soldiers appeared from nowhere and tried to surrender.

The Paras were forced to tell the hapless Iraqis, "You can't surrender yet, you have to wait for the war to start!"

Dejected and disappointed the Iraqis had to walk back to their own lines.

Get the latest news, sport, celebrity gossip, TV, politics and lifestyle from The Mirror. Big stories with a big heart, always with you in mind.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And yet people think this might be a protracted war.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Nice to know things haven't changed much in regards to the "fighting spirit" of Iraq soldiers. At least on the front lines.

I am wondering about the 2 steel rings deal in Baghdad. I suppose it is the best method since the "regular" army knows the Republican Guard is right behind them. Do you think the Republican Guard has orders to shoot the "regular" army if they see them surrender?

Wouldn't that be a twisted method of motivation?
      Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

It's a classic tactic to shoot your own soldiers if they surrender, I wouldn't put it past Saddam to order it.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The Russians did it, and it made them hold Stalingrad at the time against the Germans. I think both the rebels/nationalists and the republicans did it in the Spanish civil war. If I'm not mistaken, this tactic proved to be quite succesful in the sense that you obstruce (???) your enemy's approach the most with "limited" expenditure, provided you can keep ammo being supplied.
          I'm not sure about "classic"in the sense of "used in most wars" or by most armies. I'm afraid it is a tactic the Iraqis will use as well. It's what ppl with no regard for life do.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

This isn't getting to much geopoli, is it?
            Umf
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

hum... you think if sdam where to have a heart atack this evening that the war would be averted
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Just so you know, the Sunday Mirror is hardly the pinnacle of accurate/objective reporting...
                Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Yeah, possibly 'National Enquirer' sponsored by 'Hooters'
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I just figured out what Saddam is going to do. He managed to put a nuke together from old Russian stockpiles and he has it hidden in Baghdad. Once the Americans and Brits surround the city and the seige begins, he will set it off, figuring everyone will blame those evil Americans for nuking an Arab capital, then the rest of the Arab world will just lose it and start doing that trilling sound and go after us like mad..

Meanwhile, Saddam has hidden out in an undisclosed location...

Comment

lol
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

"That trilling sound..."

Damn man you watch too many movies.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          Arab world will just lose it and start doing that trilling sound and go after us like mad..

Aren't they doing that anyway??? Some of them.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Some?

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                            X