Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D8 V DV ( Who cares that much ??)

Look guys.

When all's been said and done does it really matter. As long as you're happy with what you've got and the results it gives who cares whether you have D8 DV or any other D?

I am sure I could go and buy a chepa firewire card and a DV camacorder now for roughly what I paid for my D8 but I don't care. I will keep my existing kit until it either breaks or the RT2000 ( which I will admit is a nice bit of kit ) drops in price to a silly level. I will then start to think about changing my kit.

In the meantime I have Yamaha 600 that is screaming for my pennies.

You just never know. I might live long enough just to see the RT2K drop sub £500.

A cold can of Stella now has my name written all over it so I will bid you farewell until the next time.

Regards

Pooh
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Pooh, the only reason that there's still any controversy is because there's still a large number of people out there who are too embarrassed to admit that they spent way too much money on their MiniDV camcorders originally. Now that MiniDV camcorder prices have been forced to come down because of the popularity of Digital8, there really aren't any compelling arguments in favour of either format (within the same price range).

The image quality of both Digital8 and MiniDV is so vastly superior to any (consumer) analog format that ALL of us should be happy with whichever digital format we end up with.

Comment

Oh dear

Why do I get the feeling that Patrick's response will generate a polarisation of opinion.

Peace man !!!!!!!!

Pooh
      ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Comment

Patrick's right. Both formats have there pluses and minuses. Both are comparably priced now. So buy whichever one fits each individuals needs. Both offer more than a typical person needs, both in features and quality.
          Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
          Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Working...
          X