Dazzle Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dazzle Bridge

Does anybody have any experience with a Dazzle Bridge?

Choose Pinnacle Studio 25 for its powerful and precise video editing tools that inspire limitless creative opportunities for advanced moviemaking. Learn more!

No! It has not fared well in mag reviews, especially comparative ones. The Canopus ADVC-100 has always come out best. I've been using one now for nearly a year and it's good.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Absolutly ! I had terrible experiences with the Dazzle : the worst part beeing a kind of "ghost line" appearing every couple of minutes. BAD. (PAL use, don't know if it was a typical PAL problem though).

I'm currently investigating 2 alternatives to the Canopus, which I think are a bit cheaper. One's from Terratec, the other one is a ADS device. The ADS has a RGB output, which the Terratec misses. I'll report on this thread once I finished my tests, sometime next week.

Comment

Real piece of crap! I can't believe the damn thing is still on the market!
        I'd tried and returned three over an ~ 6 month period after hearing about various "fixes" in the hardware/firmware. None worked right.

Gray blocks on output back to tape, dark captures, random dropping off the 1394 bus while capturing or outputting.

I got a Canopus advc-100 and its just plain worked as advertised, no problems whatsoever!

--wally.

Comment

Have any of you used the Sony Digital8 camcorders for this purpose? My model (TRV-320) does have the ability to read old Hi8/regular8 tapes and the pass through feature seems to work ok for other stuff.

My old Hi8 camcorder broke, leaving me with a stack of Hi8 tapes that hadn't been edited yet (Yah, yah, I know. It's a spare time issue.) so when I looked for a replacement I came across a deal on the Digital 8 model. I didn't realize about the "Pass-Through" feature until after I started reading (What a concept, eh?) the manual that came with it.

Are the standalone converters better at conversion of analog signals?
          Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Kris,

Keep us posted on what you find out about the ADS box, it seems like a good deal for the price (if it works.) Component input (it seems to have component input, not output) at this price point is very nice indeed.

Comment

Before getting the ADVC-100 I was using my TRV-120 A/DV "pass-thru.

It works fine, I just got tired of pluging and unplugging the cables and futzing with the menus to switch from input to output or vice-versa.

--wally.

Comment

Hi Wally,

Thanks for the reply. The need for a converter is minimal since all my video is now pretty much all Digital. Once I am done converting some old tapes to digital for SVCD/DVD I probably won't bother with ever using the pass through feature unless I get approached by someone with an old analog tape they want converted.

Did you notice any glaring differences in quality? I am just curious if I should look into getting one of these standalone converters.

Then again, after I am done with the few (about 7 VHS) tapes I have that will use this feature I will probably only look into this if I decide to tape something off the air. And in that matter I could just load a Digital8 tape in to accomodate that.
                Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

I started recording cable TV direct to DV, so I became motivated to not have to tie up my DV camcorder. I wouldn't want to argue if TRV-120 or ADVC-100 had "better" quality, both are very good.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
                  X