Am I detecting a new safty craze devoloping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I detecting a new safty craze devoloping

Following on the speed hump craze am I detecting a new craze based round cooking appliances and smoke alarms.
    Seems like every other day theres the new announcer "A family lost it's life becuase they left the cooker on and didn't have smoke alarms. "
    I know people want chip pans banning becuase people leave them on. You can't stop them leaving things on people make mistakes. What you going to do ban cookers. Okay smoke alarms help but are unreliable go off when they shouldn't and fail to go off when they should. If every house had a smoke alarm people would forget to put batteries in the darn things.
    People make mistakes and do stupid things you can't stop them.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Buy some stock in my new company. We are marketing padded houses with no glass, no heating appliances, no sharp eating utensils, no stairs, sliding doors, no hot water above 98.6 F, etc. As stupid-proof as you care to make it...

Comment

But you put carpets in and they'll trip over them and bang the head on the table they just bought. Plus you've got nornal doors in there they'll trap there fingers.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

(I haven't quite worked out all the details yet...)

Comment

If you manage to make the house completely idiot proof, the universe will just invent a better idiot
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

You can't defeat an idiot. THey'll just drag you down to their level and win with experience.

Comment

Working...
            X