First Radeon9800Pro Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Radeon9800Pro Previews

Hehe, seems like quite a lot of Hardware sites got their 9800Pro preview board before they got their GFFX board, ATI really wants to humiliate nvidia

Go to rage3d , there are a lot of link for previews of the board. It seems to be about 20% faster than the 9700pro, and its clocked at 380/340, so a little lower than the rumours stated

Re: First Radeon9800Pro Previews

Originally posted by Topha
    Hehe, seems like quite a lot of Hardware sites got their 9800Pro preview board before they got their GFFX board, ATI really wants to humiliate nvidia

Go to rage3d , there are a lot of link for previews of the board. It seems to be about 20% faster than the 9700pro, and its clocked at 380/340, so a little lower than the rumours stated
    The card you thinking of is coming in April.

Comment

Impressive!!!

Comment

The Pahelia II??
        The card you thinking of is coming in April.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
          The Pahelia II??
          ATi Pro/Ultra 400/460(450) Mhz DDRII 256 Mb.

Comment

I wish it were not ATI, but Matrox who has this glamour. But, the sad truth is, only those who work hard and have success deserve customers' respect and praise. A company can only live from selling reasonable products, not from its customers' dreams. That we can't change.
            Looking at the struggle between ATI and Nvidia, one can see clearly what makes a name great and how a great company should really look like. The spirit of struggle and competition win, not empty promises and illusion. I feel so sorry for Matrox.
            Last edited by chaoliang; 6 March 2003, 11:33.

Comment

Its one serious piece of hardware from a serious company.
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Read a few of them. It seems more like a overclocked P9700 but if you like all the dressing on it seems worth while. Yes I know it's got an improved memory controller and a F buffer and one or two improvements. If you've only got a monitor thats displays a Max of 1280 * 1240 at a sensible HZ you'd be better upgrading your monitor.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

This one i like a lot.

NVIDIA will not have a chance to respond to the Radeon 9800 Pro for another couple of months, with their NV35 part. NVIDIA has NV35 up and running and it is already significantly better than the lackluster NV30; although we're not sure if it will be able to outperform the Radeon 9800 Pro, at this point we can say that from what we've seen, NVIDIA has regained some of our confidence.

Comment

im soo glad Ati released their GFFX killer so soon, the FX really bothered me, particularly the fan, and some other things... Now that nvidia has been thoroughly raped maybe they will get their act together and release the nv35, and hopefully it wont need a leaf blower to cool it.
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

they need to come up with a new numbering scheme too...it's all x200 / x600 /x800 pro/non pro...how can they prove they're better without going x300/ x700 (ah...already taken) / x900 (gotta be fast there).

...ah yes, make a fast card too...

Comment

Working...
                      X