Logitech Mouseware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Mouseware

I am playing with my new MX700. Its a nice mouse although my little finger doesn't really have a comfortable place to rest.

Anyway, I installed the MouseWare in order to be able to use the task-switcher button, which i am not sure if I like, and also to be able to monitor the battery status.

For some ungodly reason Logitech has decided to replace the cursor icons for when the mosue scrolls and the 'click-lock' scroll. I have looked but I cant find any way to turn these horrible icons off. Any MouseWare users out there?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I'm a big fan of Logitech mice, but their mouseware is donkey vomit. Always has been. I haven't purchased a new mouse in a while, so I don't have any buttons that require mouseware. Lucky me...
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Mouseware is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

I recommend installing IntelliPoint, and telling it you have a Microsoft mouse with the equivalent number of buttons.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Supposedly the newest mouseware has issues in 2k or XP or both. I forget which. But it allows you to use more than 2 buttons in games or something. I was told this casually by a friend.

Comment

arse
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I recommend using 9.73 and I don't recommend 9.75 Mouseware (Maya problems).

I recommend turning mouse pointers to none.

Comment

Mouseware is just horrific. I really wish that Logitech would get with the program and make mouseware snap into the windows mouse control panel, not try to override it.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Although Logitech mice rule above and beyond anything else, Mouseware does suck big hairy donkey ... uh ... stuff.

The IntelliPoint trick is the best. IntelliPoint does not suck, because it was programed by the M$ hardware team, who are in fact compitent.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I've been running my MX700 w/ mouseware for almost 6 months and haven't had a problem.

amish
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

The extra buttons just stop working every now and then. The naff icons have gone aswell... I guess I shouldn't moan too loudly!

Comment

The only useful purpose mouseware has is so rodents could have eating utensiils too.

-or am I confusing something??
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I always buy Logitech Mice.. M$ mice are nice too... but they never seem to be value for money when compared to a similar Logitech.. However I never use mouseware... every version seem to have its own quirks... u cant properly uninstall some versions.. I normally use the default windows drivers or intellipoint drivers if needed.
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Will IntelliPoint detect the battery charge level in my MX700?

Comment

Probably not, sadly.

But you can't use "part" of mouseware, and I recommend just keeping the damn mouse in the charger when you're not there. Force yourself to get in the habit of "hanging it up" when you walk away.

- Gurm

Comment

With a fresh install, all of the buttons work except for the 'alt-tab' one. I didn't like that anyway.

I think i'll set it to F5...

Comment

Working...
                              X