You can tell I'm bored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can tell I'm bored

Sat up at the med school open access room nothing to do. Playing chess. I'm surprised how many people are on these forums right now. Is there something to be announced or are you all bored as well.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Nope, I'm bored as well. Nothing's been happening much lately, it's cold outside, I've got a cold, the kids have a cold everybody is just miserable with this really long cold winter.
    Man I can't wait for spring this year. I've got three weeks of vacation coming up in April, 5 weeks and counting.

Comment

I think springs already arrived here.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Spring hasn't arrived here in Oslo yet, but I'm waiting for it!

And yes.... I'm also bored, nothing hepens here....

Comment

Bored here too.

Bored around the world!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I'm bored too... But my hair's getting long, almost 1.5 inches... I think I'll go shave it off again, that'll keep me busy for a while

Meanwhile, others can spend a few minutes with these:

He is vengeance. He is the night. He is Batman. Learn about Batman’s powers, origin story, and more on DC.com!

Comment

Well I'm getting paid for doing nothing.

This was this afternoons work higher than normal for the med school.

Printer ran out of paper.
              One person didn't know how to attach a word doc to an email.
              One person forgot there Student card so couldn't print.
              One person wanted the Windows opening, they wouldn't.

Nimzo 8 chess program beat me 3.0.

I've spent five afternoons up there so far over the last year. Total work done.

3 print outs
              2 Spss queries
              and the above.

The University has paid me 17.5hrs for that. What a waste.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

and you're complaining?
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                  and you're complaining?
                  Well time and money could have been spent on better things.
                  Like proper training for instance, fixing computers which I was taken on for. At the moment the Job list is small but in the past it's been quite large. Tomorrow I'm at another open access area doing nothing in the afternoon.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Spring keeps sneaking up on us, and then running away again. It was above freezing on the weekend, then yesterday we set an all-time record for cold (-25C overnight, unheard of in March, previous record, set in the '30s, was -21C), then today it's above freezing again. The weather can't make up it's mind.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                      Spring keeps sneaking up on us, and then running away again. It was above freezing on the weekend, then yesterday we set an all-time record for cold (-25C overnight, unheard of in March, previous record, set in the '30s, was -21C), then today it's above freezing again. The weather can't make up it's mind.
                      You forgot to mention that everytime the temperature goes back up (warmer), we end up getting more snow soon after!

Mother-Nature is such a Spring Tease. Can't she just give us our damn spring already??

Comment

You just had to say that, didn't you Zokes? As we speak there's a winter storm warning in effect. They're expecting up to 25cm tonight, plus some freezing rain to top it off... I'm not looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow.
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

You just had to say that, didn't you Zokes? As we speak there's a winter storm warning in effect. They're expecting up to 25cm tonight, plus some freezing rain to top it off... I'm not looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow.
                          Oops, my bad.

Comment

Freezing rain nows that a Bastard. Luckily very rare over here. I can remember one week where it alternated between light snow and freezing drizzle and two other occasions and I'm 39.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Me ain't bored. Me is demotivated...... They're moving my department to London, and I don't want to move. Got to find me another job, which is a shame, cause I [I]used{/I] to like what I'm doing..
                              Umf
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X