Got MSP7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got MSP7!

... trial version, 107 Mb from Ulead's ftp site. I am installing it right now, this should keep me busy until my real upgrade shows up in the mail.
    Seems to only include capture, audio and video editor programs.

You must have sucked it all out. The directory is now empty..

ftp://ftp.ulead.com/pub/Trial/MSP7
    paulw

Comment

Yeah, I see that. Strange... Must be due to the super T1 line I used, so powerful files can't resist... It took about 6 hours to download, and there were 3 languages. I had to resume my download after 80 megs, worked fine.

Someone must be mad at Ulead right now I am sure

The trial includes DVD Movie factory 2 trial as well.

MSP7 looks like the full product, just limited to 30 days minus VideoPaint.

I am using an Athlon 2000+ and Matrox G400 DH. RT on external TV is just sooo cool , including on the Filters page, I am gonna love this.

Comment

Actually, I just realized, try this instead: ftp://ftp.ulead.com.tw/pub/Trial/MSP7/ they don't have it here in the US yet, that's why my download was so slow.
        Good luck!

Comment

Thanx. You correct about the download speed. Must be all the folks in the US downloading before dinner :-)
          paulw

Comment

Just downloaded it and did a few tests, it is pretty nice, I like the ability to export straight to the DVD authoring SW. I am not sure about how good the authoring package is for menus, but it seemed pretty straight forward. Other than that I haven't seen enough of an improvement to make me drool over it yet. A few more transitions isn't what I want. I mainly use dissolves or cuts and keep it pretty simple.

And the download speed was terrible, and I have tons of bandwidth. Even with Flashget it took about an hour.
            WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

How did you export straight to DVD? I have to create an MPEG first before importing into MF2 using the "File-Export-DVD Authoring" menu item. Is there another way?

Fred

Comment

Fred

The Direct-to-Disc feature of the MF2 module with "On-the-fly" checked permits capturing DV or analogue signals and simultaneous conversion and recording to a DVD or VCD disk without generating an image file. I've used it only for short sequences up to now, but it has worked but it takes a bit longer than real time because of opening and closing times plus purging the buffers. As a matter of fact, I was going to try a 90 minute conversion later today. I'll let you know how I get on.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian,

How to you get to the Direct To Disc function? My guess is you probably launch MF2 and capture right from it. From the previous post, I understood you could use the timeline as your source, not an external DV source. I am interested in going straight from the timeline to a DVD menu creation applet, without first rendering to MPEG.

Fred

Comment

I too would like to know this. Sadly, downloading the manual is even FAR slower than the program, otherwise I'd probably already know the answer to this.

I'm a bit surprised this topic isn't swamped with "Me Too's" already in terms of the title of the Topic itself.

Anyhow, I must say I -am- impressed so far. It's far too early to really put a mark on it, but the RT-analogue out alone has been a real eye opener to me. I somehow was afraid this would turn out to be a nice gimmic, I now see those fears were total of the mark. I also was impressed by the sheer number of effects that still could be pulled of in RT on my overclocked 3Gig P4. I will most definitly have to check out the color-correction and the slo-mo effects : depending on that outcome I will be able to say if this piece of software is something I'd want to use, and thus buy.

But yeah, grosso modo I think the guys at Adobe will sound a sigh, and I doubt it's one of relief.
                    Last edited by Kris1; 5 March 2003, 08:44.

Comment

Fred,

I haven't tried it, but it should be possible using the frameserver, I think. I can't try this just now, as I'm 91% through a direct capture 100 minute DV to DVD project, just now. (In case your wondering how I've managed to put 100 minutes on a mini-DV tape, I haven't It's a VHS tape I'm capturing via the Canopus bridge. For the UK contingent here, it's The Darling Buds of May with David Jason, made by Yorkshire Television in 1991. Very funny.). Can't be sure yet, but it looks as if it will be OK. My guess is that the total time taken will be just about 2 hours. I surmise the way it seems to work is to put about 23 minutes of DV video into a buffer, transcode it into MPEG-2 and burn that section and while doing so, putting the 23 minutes into a second buffer. It may be that each 23 minutes worth is a VOB file. Certainly it looks much faster than traditional methods.

Comment

OK, I was slightly wrong with how the Direct to disc feature works. With my 1.6 GHz machine and 512 Mb RAM, it takes roughly 1.7 times real time, which is still a big improvement. Towards the end of the capture, it took quite some time to liberate the last buffer and, after that, it is recording the last segment, another 20-odd minutes, after which I anticipate it will finalise the DVD. With a faster machine and a 2x or faster DVD blank, it may be possible to reduce the overall time to 1.2 x real or thereabouts.

Sorry if I misled anyone.

Comment

Thanks for the update Brian. So you are in fact capturnig direct to MPEG in MF2. You can't do any editing, special effects, etc... from the timeline then, right?
                          I just finished printing the MSP7 manual. I'll look into it to see if there's a better way to integrate the two.

Fred

Comment

...and the answer is no. According to the manual, you have to create an MPEG file first from Video Editor. When that's done you open MF2 and author your DVD.
                            If you need to make any change after that to the timeline, you will have to regenerate your MPEG, which will invalidate any project you may have saved in MF2. You'll have to recreate your MF2 project from scratch.

Fred

Comment

It is available now from the north american site - 60kb/s versus 6kb/s for the tw site.
                              Just wait till I finish before everyone floods the site
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X