Soldering station advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering station advice

Ok, this is the most technical board I know of, so I'm looking for good advice on getting a real soldering station. I don't need it for a lot of work, mainly just a little bit of PCB repair. I have a motherboard with a PLCC bios chip soldered on that took a flash the wrong way, and my current generic iron is way to big to do that.

I live in CA, so brands that are availible in the US would be good. I'm not even sure how much I need, but I do want something fairly nice.

Search the archive. There's a lot of good info, but much of it is from people that don't visit MURC anymore.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

here's one:
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I didn't find much except that one thread, I'll see if I can find a place to buy that at. Anyone here do any SMT work with a setup like that?

Comment

I have done smt work with my weller - the interchangeable tips allow you to have a tip as small as .01", also some specialty shaped tips expressly for smt devices.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

In addition to that thread...anyone know any good deals for a resistance soldering station?
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
            X