MSPro 6.0 and others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro 6.0 and others...

I was thinking of checking out Ulead MSPRo 6.0. Do i need any plugins for this specific to the RR-G, as is the case with other capture hardware (DVRaptor, etc.)?

Thanks,
    Charles

------------------
    Home System:
    G400 DH 32MB, RR-G, Win98SE, PIII 550E @733, Asus P3B-F, 128MB Crucial PC133, CTX VL710, SBLive Value, lw 3.0 Promise Fasttrak66 Conversion w/2xWD136BA 7200 2MB, Adaptec AHA-29160, IBM 18ES 9.1GB Ultra SCSI, Plextor 40Max, Yamaha 8424 SCSI
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

No. The RR-G is designed to work well with just about any editor, specifically because any video you play using its codec automatically goes to video out.

Sometimes this becomes a problem, because when the codec is opened for playing, it has to open the hardware and that can be SLOW. A trick to get around that, when you don't have to preview on a monitor, is to open another Matrox MJPEG-encoded file in Media Player before you start editing. This places a lock on the hardware, forcing any other Matrox MJPEG-encoded files to go to your screen, which is fast.

MSP is a great program that far outweighs Premiere in a lower price and easier learning curve. I recommend it for hobbyists and beginners on a budget. The ones from Adobe you really want to consider are After Effects and Photoshop.

Comment

Working...
    X