New all-in-one DivX/XviD encoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New all-in-one DivX/XviD encoder

Still very beta, but its working fine for me. Quite easy to use. And its open source, too

DVX

edit: added the link, oops, forget my own head next
    Last edited by Topha; 2 March 2003, 10:34.

Which one???

Your post left things very vague...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

one setback is that you need the .Net framework though, I guess a lot of people wont be happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
        one setback is that you need the .Net framework though, I guess a lot of people wont be happy with that
        It's not "one" setback, it's THE setback
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

What do you have against the .Net framework?
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Nothing. The .NET framework is a perfectly reasonable thing. It's fast, it's nice to work with... what's the problem? Anti-MS sentiment, that's what.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

for those who's running Win9x

Comment

.net works on Win98 too.

Comment

Nothing wrong with it, I installed it. There is just a lot of people who dont seem to like it, so I posted a warning for them

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                    What do you have against the .Net framework?
                    You misunderstood me completely

I got nothing against .net in partikular....

the software 4mb
                    the syspack 5mb
                    .net 20MB!!!

The program seems to just be a fancy frontend utilising the .net framework to interconect with the warious standalone programs it needs to funtion.......

Originally posted by Gurm
                    Nothing. The .NET framework is a perfectly reasonable thing. It's fast, it's nice to work with... what's the problem? Anti-MS sentiment, that's what.

- Gurm
                    In this case I was not "anti-ms" but after reading up on .net I dont see any reason to use it unless you have a server and a client situation.....
                    Last edited by Technoid; 3 March 2003, 07:12.
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

And I still can't really see which advantage this would give me over the reasonably small DVDx 2.0 I'm currently using (which is 5MB in total without any additional tools - OK, of course you need the DivX or any other AVI codec of your choice)
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        - Gurm
                        It's nice to work with, but it's certainly not fast and it consumes a lot of memory.
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                          And I still can't really see which advantage this would give me over the reasonably small DVDx 2.0 I'm currently using (which is 5MB in total without any additional tools - OK, of course you need the DivX or any other AVI codec of your choice)
                          you can, for example, encode a movie and mux 2 different AC3/mp3 soundtracks at the same time, and it also gives you a compressibility check and a good file size prediction.

actually i like gknot (www.doom9.org) better, but they dont support divx 5.03 yet

Comment

Here's another one: AutoDub
                            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

yep, saw that one too. There seem to be quite a lot of those toys in production. So far GKnot is still my favorite, since it is the most mature

Comment

Working...
                              X