Opera is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera is great!

I was always a little hesitant to use it, although I installed the latest version a few weeks back, but after only 1! day of using it i got hooked.

It's fast, comfortable and I don't get anymore adware or any unrequested popups.

For everyone who hasnt got it yet, go download it. As far as I know the only thing you can't view is the MSN homepage, but if you speak swedish, just download the "bork edition"

Just a small correction: the MSN page is viewable - at least, I don't have a problem with it - (even when setting the browser to identify as Opera), but Opera accusses Microsoft of not providing all the same information when using an Opera browser to visit the MSN page.

But apart from that, I fully agree !

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well, in that case feel free to install Opera Bork edition...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Stopped using it. Worked fine at first then suddenly it would freeze and then start again then freeze and so on. Dunno why.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've tried Opera a few times, but I've never gotten used to it. Now I've found Phoenix, and although I know that its memory footprint is double that of Opera, I like it more. I think this is because it works essentially like Internet Explorer (for example, I can use all 5 buttons on my Intellimouse Optical) but still offers built-in tabbed browsing as an extra added bonus. The bad thing is that while Opera is a pretty mature product, Phoenix still crashes once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
            Stopped using it. Worked fine at first then suddenly it would freeze and then start again then freeze and so on. Dunno why.
            I had this problem too on some sites, but it was solved på disabliing java.

Comment

Doesn't explain why it suddenly started doing it. Pity really.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I personally love using it, and you gotta love the mouse gestures :P...I just wish we had it at school, tab browsing is SO much better!

~Sethos
                "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

I'm also using Opera, better than explorer in most ways.

Comment

As compared to IE, which still crashes once and a while?

Originally posted by Tempest
                    The bad thing is that while Opera is a pretty mature product, Phoenix still crashes once in a while.

Comment

I still like the way IE renders pages better. Because it renders them PROPERLY. Not just the MSN site BS, but I mean tables, and embedded tables, etc.

Comment

IE and Phoenix 0.5 never crash on me, although I won't comment on Opera's stability as I have 3 versions installed - and I think 2 share a directory. Could do with installing something at work too...currently on NS4.79

Comment

IE is still my browser of choice, but i got to admit i like phoenix too. Still IE renders the pages nicer.
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Love opera , except that banner that materialized after 14 days
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hmm, now, how do I install Mozilla and Opera under Solaris

Comment

Working...
                              X