PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to cebit?

Topha
2nd March 2003, 07:50
I will definitly go there, because I will visit my parents around that time anyway, and cebit is sort of on the way.

I don't really think Pitou will be announced (;)), but maybe I will win myself a DVD-writer or something like that :)

Ozbreeze
3rd March 2003, 08:12
what is cebit?

Admiral
3rd March 2003, 08:19
sort of a German COMDEX

[GDI]Raptor
3rd March 2003, 09:24
I don't think Matrox will attend CeBit....

I don't know yet, depends on how much work I have at school/work

Novdid
3rd March 2003, 13:25
Originally posted by Admiral
sort of a German COMDEX

Bigger than any COMDEX!!!;)

Ozbreeze
3rd March 2003, 13:29
ok...at the risk of sounding totally uneducated......what is a COMDEX?....cause i have no clue about what that is either, so i still don't have a clue what the cebit is.....

Byock
3rd March 2003, 13:37
Comdex and Cebit are places for companies to show off thier latest and greatest products. They have booths that show off new hardware, software, have drawings for free stuff.

Did I miss anything?? :o

Novdid
3rd March 2003, 13:59
That's basicly it. If you're a hardware geek you have to attend one of these one day!:)

thop
3rd March 2003, 14:10
I might go.

Tempest
3rd March 2003, 14:29
Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
I don't think Matrox will attend CeBit...Doesn't seem so, the Exhibitor list only lists Matrox Electronic Systems GmbH as a partner for SolidWorks :(

Topha
3rd March 2003, 17:26
Originally posted by Tempest
Doesn't seem so, the Exhibitor list only lists Matrox Electronic Systems GmbH as a partner for SolidWorks :(

Strange that they are not showing of with their new rx.t 10(0) though :(

but still, I hope I get some neat things there. 2 years ago I got a really cool matrox pen and a matrox t-shirt, although i never really wore that ;)

VJ
4th March 2003, 03:11
Originally posted by Ozbreeze
ok...at the risk of sounding totally uneducated......what is a COMDEX?....cause i have no clue about what that is either, so i still don't have a clue what the cebit is.....

Well... euhm... a meeting place for nerds, geeks, ... :D :bandit:
(man, I wish I could go... :o ;) )

Nah, that is perhaps too hard a statement, just a convention at which companies present their new products, prototypes and ideas for future markets... :)

Jörg

Topha
4th March 2003, 03:40
Originally posted by VJ
Well... euhm... a meeting place for nerds, geeks, ... :D :bandit:
(man, I wish I could go... :o ;) )
Jörg

:D In a way its true, but if you chose the right people to go there with you can have a lot of fun and win lots of cool stuff. Also they have nice booth babes ;)