Toy Freak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Freak!

Man, I can't stop buying toys to play with. I change hobbies faster than I'd really like. I can't believe I managed to go this long without a PDA. Everytime I think of buying one though I come to the realization that it is a glorified address and appt. book. The new one's are pretty darn cool with wireless built in.

Anyway, I just blew a grand on my real life truck and suddenly I am wanting to get back into RC cars. I stuck with paintball for 4 years until all my paintball buddies moved away. I won't even begin to tell you about the computer crack habit I have. You all know about that one yourselves already

So here it is, the new RC Nitro Monster Truck I will buy

Sorry, but the page you were looking for could not be found, or has moved location. Please use the search box or one of our navigation links above.

Thing is 21" long and 18" wide!

Runs 30-35mph

Nearly industructible with a few upgrades. They all come pre-built now too so it's about 15 minutes and your off running it. Oh well, it's only money and you only live once I know Kruzin was into RC cards at one point, anybody else?

Dave
    Last edited by Helevitia; 3 March 2003, 16:18.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

btw, check out the second video on that page! Look at the air that thing catches!
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I was just telling Greebe the other night that I think I'm gonna get back into RCs this spring/summer with my kids (If I can afford it).
      That one yer lookin at looks like quite a beast
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I think this would be kinda cool. Not the same type of RC model, but fun to build, too.

Comment

And the battle system is the icing on the cake :
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hey, those tanks are cool. Would be fun to play with those as well. The recoil when firing is great!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
              I was just telling Greebe the other night that I think I'm gonna get back into RCs this spring/summer with my kids (If I can afford it).
              That one yer lookin at looks like quite a beast
              What are you thinking of buying? And I hear ya on the "can I afford it" front. I am debating on if I should wait or not.

Dave

Comment

Wow, they're so cool nowadays... I had a couple of self-built R/C cars way back, namely the Marui Samurai (my dad brought it from his trip to Japan, chain-driven 4WD, woo ) and later a Tamiya Thunder Shot (this time the 4WD was with a cardan). Kinda got tired of the hobby though, electronic speed adjusters, more powerful engines etc. took a lot of money even at that level...

Wonder when I'll start missing those days, I'm already drooling for those new Lego Technic kits they're selling

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                  What are you thinking of buying? And I hear ya on the "can I afford it" front. I am debating on if I should wait or not.

Dave
                  I don't know yet.
                  I have to look into what's going on in town these days for racing venues. All of the tracks I used to race at have closed down.
                  I've always preffered off-road. My last one was a heavily modified RC10-T.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, I found www.rccaraction.com

Huge forums with tons of info. This is where I found most of my information.

Dave

Comment

Cool site.
                      Unfortunatly, it confirmed what I thought.
                      Not many tracks near my place anymore.
                      Only 3 left (there was at one time about 8 different places)

The only one within an hours drive only does minis and micros on a carpet road course. Might be better though, as it's much cheaper, so I could more easily equip me and my kids...

Only one in town still does dirt off-road, and he's on the opposite side of town. I do know that guy, though. I was actually his second ever customer when he first opened up years ago. Spent many, many saturday nights at his track when I lived over there. He has a great track...imported his dirt from the mississippi river banks.

Another option is to get into gas road cars, and hook up with a buddy of mine who owns a portable track. It's a trailer that has all the barriers, and when unloaded it opens up into a drivers stand. The problem there is finding a place to set it up that has good pavement.

Maybe next weekend I'll take the kids out to check out that micro track...

Comment

Well, I couldn't take waiting.
                        Took a drive to the carpet track, just to see what was what.
                        And now, I'm stoked
                        Talked to the owner of the store for about 45 min, and learned they are going to open an outdoor dirt track there this summer!

And the prices of the cars...DAMM!
                        They have gotten WAY cheaper than they where 8-10 years ago.
                        For $300-450 you can get a ready-to-run gas truck. Only other thing you need to buy is some batteries and fuel.
                        Ready-to-run mini carpet cars for $150-200.

I'll take the kids over there later this week, and see what kind of interest they show, and if they are into it, we'll start buying equipment

Comment

Sweet! Yeah, I know what you mean about the prices. Take my truck for instance, the one I posted above I can get online for ~$400 and it's ready to go! I am leaving in 5 minutes with my family to go check out the stores in my area. There are about 3 good stores so we may be coming home with stuff today

I am getting them electric cars for now to see if they like it and then upgrade later if they get into. Even my wife wants in on it! I'll report back when I get back form the stores and let you knwo what happened

oh, btw, what do you mean by mini carpet cars? Like Radio Shack style rc cars? But you are saying $150-200, that's a pretty nice rc car for a beginner!

Dave

Comment

No, not Radio Shack cars.
                            They are 1/12 and 1/24 scale, run on a carpet road course.

Comment

big boys have bigger toys than thier kids.........

(spoken by the owner of 2 older R/C cars that need to be dusted off)
                              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X