ATI TV Wonder or Rainbow Runner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI TV Wonder or Rainbow Runner?

I want to buy a TV card for my G400. I'm thinking about ATI's TV Wonder because of it's cheap price or Rainbow Runner because of it's compability. I'm wondering which one is better? and is TV Wonder compatible with my G400?

Anyone can help me?

ATI's line of "video capture" hardware is very buggy. I've got an All-In-Wonder 128 and its based around a Brooktree chipset, the cheapest piece-o-crap chipset for "handling" video that I have yet encountered. Brooktrees can be found on the lowliest, third world TV cards you can buy. They do very little hardware rendering and rely on your CPU heavily. The BT8xx is also incompatible with most distinguished video editing suites and it has no 2GB avi workaround because it is merely a leisure card; it's capturing ability playing third to its DVD playback and TV output. The only ones I've found that somewhat work with it are MGI's VideoWave II & III and Ulead's VideoStudio. Both of these editing programs are targeted at the notion that your grandmother might want to put together a "How to Garden the Right Way" instructional video.

I've had a Rainbow Runner Studio since September '97 and I keep on going back to it because I've NEVER had a problem with it. It has a Zoran chipset on it that does it's hardware MJPEG encoding. The RR-S plays a very strong first to the Mystique 220 that it is attached to. I disregarded my TNT2 Ultra AGP to bring back its creamy video capturing goodness!

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

Working...
    X