fanATIcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fanATIcs

If you want to see something that'll make your stomach turn, go over to the Rage3D forums and look at the reaction to the latest OnionMark release. I particularly like the people who vehemently defend it, calling anyone who would dare say anything bad about their mucus membrane irritating, buggy, and terribly ugly benchmark a nVidiot. Other than the few people here who are still having a hard time dealing with the Parhelia letdown, MURC is like a beacon of virtue and truth in comparison. Hell, they're close to the point where people who have 8500's are nVidiots because they didn't upgrade to a 9700++++Mega+Uber+Pro, just because they can't watch The Almighty's blessing to the world, the nature 2 "test."

Almost makes me wish I hadn't bought an 8500 to replace my aging G400 MAX, just so I wouldn't feel tempted to occasionally browse around Rage3D...

Should see the reaction to ATI's request for people who've written uninstaller programs for ATI's drivers.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Not sure what part's worse about that thread, the people tossing insults at each other, or that ATI is asking in on that board for an uninstall program for their own drivers. I really do miss the Matrox drivers, they might not have been the most compatible, or perform all that terribly well, but they WERE very nice to use. Heck, ATI still hasn't figured out how to link their damn RGB gamma controls together. It was actually pleasant to uninstall Matrox drivers, and at least Matrox was nice enough to supply an overclocking/tweaking utility.

Comment

Matrox design a video card base don the 9700 chip and write there own drivers. Sounds nice doesn't it.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

or matrox implant the R300 tech plus a few sweetness.

and get some 5th order filters in there

Comment

Hehe, when I saw this thread I somehow made a connection between it and the other one named "Do FANless graphic cards even exist anymore?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
              Hehe, when I saw this thread I somehow made a connection between it and the other one named "Do FANless graphic cards even exist anymore?"
              Good one

If they exist, they are probably very rare and shy

Comment

Re: fanATIcs

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                If you want to see something that'll make your stomach turn, go over to the Rage3D forums and look at the reaction to the latest OnionMark release. I particularly like the people who vehemently defend it, calling anyone who would dare say anything bad about their mucus membrane irritating, buggy, and terribly ugly benchmark a nVidiot. Other than the few people here who are still having a hard time dealing with the Parhelia letdown, MURC is like a beacon of virtue and truth in comparison. Hell, they're close to the point where people who have 8500's are nVidiots because they didn't upgrade to a 9700++++Mega+Uber+Pro, just because they can't watch The Almighty's blessing to the world, the nature 2 "test."

Almost makes me wish I hadn't bought an 8500 to replace my aging G400 MAX, just so I wouldn't feel tempted to occasionally browse around Rage3D...
                I agree there is a lot of immature people that make there way through the forums, but there is a wealth of information to be found too. Unfortunately you are trying to compare MURC to Rage3D and that is like comparing apples to oranges. I have yet to find a better forum than MURC on most levels. But if you own an ATI card, Rage3D is the place to go.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Not only that, but it's been a long time coming. The nVidiots have been going "lookie me! I can beat off and get 300fps! WOO!" for years now. Their mightiest card finally falls by the wayside, it's cause for celebration, even rampant celebration.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                    Not only that, but it's been a long time coming. The nVidiots have been going "lookie me! I can beat off and get 300fps! WOO!" for years now. Their mightiest card finally falls by the wayside, it's cause for celebration, even rampant celebration.

- Gurm
                    LOL
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                      , or that ATI is asking in on that board for an uninstall program for their own drivers.
                      But still, its big of ATI to ask for outside help, rather than just take a we can't do it and thats that attitude.
                      WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
                      Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
                      HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
                      HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
                      Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
                      ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
                      Hauppauge Wintv #401
                      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Well, the issue is that the folks at Rage3D and Driver Heaven (myself among them) have spent so much time figuring out how to uninstall the Catalysts... might as well ask us for an uninstaller.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Well, the issue is that the folks at Rage3D and Driver Heaven (myself among them) have spent so much time figuring out how to uninstall the Catalysts... might as well ask us for an uninstaller.

- Gurm

Yes but you'd think they'd know what junk they put into a system.
                          Should have been something they've did right at the beginning.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X