The Winter of my Discontent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winter of my Discontent

This fall/winter is REALLY starting to get to me.

First I have "The Mystery Illness" all fall.

Then just before Christmas Logan, Julie and I all get the double-whammy of a sinus infection AND the Norwalk Virus.

So there I am, feeling pretty good from day to day finally... gotten used to the persistent eye-floaties and all.

Then a week ago my ears start ringing. Bleh. I chalk it up to a cold... not the first time I've had a couple days of bad ringing - had tinnitus since I was a kid after all.

Nope. 5 days later I finally go see a doctor, since my head feels like it's gonna ex-****ing-plode.

Well, my ears aren't infected... MUCH. What is infected is EVERYTHING ELSE from the top of my head to the bottom of my throat. Nose, sinuses, throat, probably eye sockets, and the fluid in my ears that built up as a result is what's making the incessant ringing.

So now I'm on Bioxin. 2 a day for 5 days. Hideous stuff. Makes you queasy and puts a disgusting taste in your mouth.

There's nothing in the world like being HUNGRY... so hungry that your stomach is in knots... and not being able to even LOOK at food. Bleh.

Coffee shall sustain me. In the meantime, Julie informs me that after the ears clear up it could take up to a WEEK for the ringing to subside. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

And to add injury to insult...

Last night we were sort of wrestling in the kitchen (not the BEST place, I know) and I slipped... cracked my head open on the counter. Or maybe it was the cabinet door. Not really sure since blood was spurting EVERYWHERE.

12 stitches and several hours in the "emergency" room later...

Why do they call it the "emergency room" if nothing is treated like an emergency? I mean, there's an old lady there accepting patients. She's dealing with an even OLDER lady who simply "hasn't been feeling like herself".

For half an hour.

Meantime, I'm standing there BLEEDING PROFUSELY on their carpet from a HEAD WOUND.

*sigh*

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Gurm, better put that weapon by your head down - with your recent luck it may fire sooner or later

Comment

Yeah no shit. I'm karmically cursed.

- Gurm

Comment

I'm surprised there aren't more homicides upon the moronic women who are supposed to admit people to the ER. I had to call the on-call physician myself from the phone in the ER waiting room when I had an eye injury. They had kept me waiting there in severe pain for over an hour. My anger at the stupid bitch was, let's say, noticable.

Comment

Last night we were sort of wrestling in the kitchen
            Gurm participating in a sport!!!!!

I knew it, Gurm is a closet WWA fan
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

KvH:

Yeah, last time I had to go to the emergency room it was a mishap between me and a razor blade doing case modifications back in 1997...

Cut my finger to the bone. Severed the damn thing nearly off, and I'm sitting there TWO HOURS waiting for a doc. Once I saw him, the stitching was over in like 10 minutes. bleh.

- Gurm

Comment

emergency rooms seems to be there to make sure that no emergencies reach a doctor
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I just "LOVE" emergency rooms...The second to last time that I was there my mom had broken her leg...upon having finished signing her in they asked her to "please step over to the waiting area."

Hope you feel better Gurm

~Sethos
                  "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry about your string of bad health. Hope you and your family start having better health. Get well soon.
                    I'm a genie in a bottle BABY, gotta rub ME the right way!!!

Comment

There's alot of this going around. The past year was a pisser for me also.

Comment

Thanks.

- Gurm

Comment

Hideous stuff. Makes you queasy and puts a disgusting taste in your mouth.
                          Must --- resist --- comic reply. Must --- try.

Oh, Oh, wifes coming into room, gotta go.
                          Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

No, not THAT stuff! THAT stuff is yummy. It tastes like tapioca. HONEST! At least, that's what I keep telling Julie.

- Gurm

Comment

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X