Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does installing the Morgan Software MJPEG codec interfere with your Matrox MJPEG HW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does installing the Morgan Software MJPEG codec interfere with your Matrox MJPEG HW?

Does installing the Morgan Software MJPEG codec interfere with your Matrox MJPEG HW?

No

I have been forced into using the Morgan codec due to the current inability of the
    W2K drivers to output usable video - I capture in hw MJPEG and then convert to Morgan once my editing has been completed in MSP6 with no hassles other than the convertion time required

Note rev 1.6 is now available

------------------
    Lawrence

[This message has been edited by LvR (edited 06 September 2000).]
    Lawrence

Comment

Yes/No, it depends...
      read this:
      http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/guides/codec.html

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

FWIW I prefer the Pegasus PICVideo MJpeg codec. It has the advantage of being freely licensed ;-P

http://www.jpg.com/video/mjpeg.htm

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

"conversion" in the sense of "recompression" is unnecessary. It is enough to change the "fourcc" header in the AVI files, there are simple programs that do this.

For what it's worth, I've tweaked a Win2k computer (without a Marvel) so that it will play Matrox files over the Picvideo codec.
          It's just a matter of telling the system that "dmb1" = "MJPG" ....

Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Flying dutchman

In my case I am afraid that I am simply unable to output non "hopping"/jittery pictures from my BOB without going through the recompression process.

I have taken this up on the Matrox forum and was informed that it is a known problem for some users and will be solved in the forthcoming drivers.

Your suggestion is in fact the elegant way, and it was my first attempt as well

------------------
            Lawrence

[This message has been edited by LvR (edited 07 September 2000).]
            Lawrence

Comment

LVR,

in case you use VirtualDub or any other program that lets you influence audio interleave, please set it to "500 ms preload" and "500 ms interleave". The default setting of virtualdub is "1 frame" for audio interleave, and that makes my video jumpy too. 500 ms works a lot better on my system. No more dropped frames since then.
              Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Flying dutchman

Thanks for the suggestion - will give it a try next time and see the influence. Currently dropping about 50 frames on a 90 minute 704x576 Pal capture.

My problems start way earlier though - ANY SOURCE SWITCHED THROUGH BOB HAS THIS JITTERY/JUMPY LOOK ON THE TV-MONITOR and therefore gets captured as such.

It would seem that the Morgan/Picvideo codec somehow gets rid of it in the recomopression process and that is why I am stuck till new drivers arrive

------------------
                Lawrence
                Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                X