Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fanless graphic cards even exist anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do fanless graphic cards even exist anymore?

So since I'm in the market for a new Mobo, I figured I'd look at a new graphics cards as well, but here is my question....

Are there really no 'high end' cards around anymore that don't have fans? And if so... how fast a card CAN I actually get without having to suffer an extra noise generating fan in my case?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

if you slap a zalman heatpipe on it you can get any card, except the GFFX. why anyone would want to get this card though is another question
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

is a radeon 9700 pro high end enough?.. mind you the heat sink.. well rather large, and takes up a PCI slot..but no noise

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The fan on my 8500LE died a few months ago. It seems it wasn't necessary in the first place, because it's still working just fine without it.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
            is a radeon 9700 pro high end enough?.. mind you the heat sink.. well rather large, and takes up a PCI slot..but no noise

http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/Sapphire/sapphire9700pue/
            That is one serious heatsink!! But kinda cool looking

And yes a 9700 pro would be high end enough
            If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

The Sapphire Card looks awesome!
              However, I haven't been able to find it for sale at the usual locations (Newegg, etc.).
              Does anyone know where I can buy this card?

Comment

both sharkyextreme and firingsquad have tested the card as well!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

The best part of the Rage3D review:

(caption of Abit KD7): Do. Not. Buy. This. Motherboard.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi.

There are still Radeon 9000 (non-pro) cards passive cooled.
                    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I notice that the Mac version of the BBA 9000Pro is passively cooled. It also has two digital outputs (one Apple-specific, but you can get adaptors). Interesting...

Anyone know how much trouble it would be to put one in a PC? Would the Windows drivers support it?
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I think G200 cards still dont have fans on them
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          The best part of the Rage3D review:

(caption of Abit KD7): Do. Not. Buy. This. Motherboard.
                          Totally hilarious and the pic is called "Bad mobo! Bad!"
                          Especially funny because it isn't even a review of the motherboard.

Comment

Damned... guess I should have checked prices before I started looking at high end cards! Those Radeon 9700 are like frickin expensive...

So let's put it this way... what would be my best bet for a new card in the 200$ range (give or take a couple $) ?

Comment

radeon 9500pro (or you can wait for the 9600, will come out pretty soon, and the 9700's will become cheaper cos the 9800 is about to be released)

Hope they change that numbering with the next gen

Comment

Working...
                              X