NVidia lost MSI to ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVidia lost MSI to ATI

"Keith Cyr points out that there is big news for ATi, bad news for NVIDIA according to this Yahoo Finance report. The report is saying that NVIDIA lost one of their biggest card making partners, MSI, to rival ATi. Here is the clip.
    8:34AM NVIDIA estimates trimmed at FBR on large design loss; target $11 (NVDA) 12.57: Friedman, Billings, Ramsey has learned that NVDA has lost a large design win at Micro-Star (one of its largest customers) to ATYT; firm now believes that other designs at Micro-Star are at risk, given that they had been an NVDA-exclusive customer; additionally, firm believes NVDA's new GeForce FX line will ramp more slowly than expected due to low yields on both discrete and board-level products; trims FY04 rev/EPS ests to $1.80 bln/$0.61 from $1.83 bln/$0.63 (consensus $1.82 bln/$0.59). Price target is $11."

Read this at rage3d, guess this will be a big hit for nvidia. Hope msi will still make nforce mobos, though

Poor old Nvidea my heart bleeds.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
      Poor old Nvidea my heart bleeds.

Comment

Great, that might well mean that I might buy a MSI "something" ati 9700
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

LOL the day has come. Who's up for some BBQ celebration? burn, nV, burn!!!!

Would be funny to see Asus ditch nV hehe.

Off topic: If I am to buy another ATI right now... I think I will look at the Tyan boards. Are they of any good?

(I really wanna try a Tyan product. they must be of high quality)

Comment

Chrono, stick with BBA and Sapphire.

Comment

MSI was supposed to be NV's launch partner for the geforce FX!!.

Initially all Geforce FX ULTRA's were supposed to be built by MSI according to NV, it was so they could maitain consistant quality(they were to be rebadged by other companies)....FFS & WTF MSI bailed on them NV has some BIG problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman

MSI was supposed to be NV's launch partner for the geforce FX!!.

Initially all Geforce FX ULTRA's were supposed to be built by MSI according to NV, it was so they could maitain consistant quality(they were to be rebadged by other companies)....FFS & WTF MSI bailed on them NV has some BIG problems.
                I guess NV is sqeezing the little guy too much and they are fed up with them.....good to see
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Re: NVidia lost MSI to ATI

Originally posted by Topha
                  "Keith Cyr points out that there is big news for ATi, bad news for NVIDIA according to this Yahoo Finance report. The report is saying that NVIDIA lost one of their biggest card making partners, MSI, to rival ATi. Here is the clip.
                  8:34AM NVIDIA estimates trimmed at FBR on large design loss; target $11 (NVDA) 12.57: Friedman, Billings, Ramsey has learned that NVDA has lost a large design win at Micro-Star (one of its largest customers) to ATYT; firm now believes that other designs at Micro-Star are at risk, given that they had been an NVDA-exclusive customer; additionally, firm believes NVDA's new GeForce FX line will ramp more slowly than expected due to low yields on both discrete and board-level products; trims FY04 rev/EPS ests to $1.80 bln/$0.61 from $1.83 bln/$0.63 (consensus $1.82 bln/$0.59). Price target is $11."

Read this at rage3d, guess this will be a big hit for nvidia. Hope msi will still make nforce mobos, though
                  apparently it's only an oem design for an MSI customer, not MSI switching GPUs.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Comment

Working...
                  X