Matrox, Please Read RE: RT2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox, Please Read RE: RT2000

Do you have any plan to upgrade the G400 video card that come with RT2000? Can we upgrade to G450 or G800 and still retain the compatibility with RT200?

Thank you.

I doubt that they have any plans to do so as there is only a VGA feature connector available on the G450 itself.

Haig

Comment

Yes, from what I've seen of the G450's it doesn't have the connectivity of the G400 boards.

As for the G800, that might be a possibility IMHO. Such a (presumably) powerful board would greatly enhance the RT-2000's already potent 3D and realtime capabilities.

I'd just love to get my grubby little hands on that combo

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I want to pluge in my $1000 for RT2000, but as a gaming/entertaining/video-editing system all together, I really hate to use RT2000 for a year or two and can not play some of the game I like any more.

Video editing is only a home hobby and I don't want to spend $3,000 on a seperate system for video editing itself. Do I have to stick with my DVC-II or what? Although DVC-II is sufficient in term of mpeg-2 capturings for DVD, I just want to be able to use more realtime editing and of course more 3D transition/effects.

Matrox could you make an official announcement please to see if your company will make it possible to upgrade the video itself as time goes on (wheather it's going to be your G450 or G800).

Tou Xiong

Comment

You would be better heard if you ask our video group directly either by email or even on their RT2k forums.

Haig

Comment

Can't post it to RT2000 group, since I have not plunge the $1000 yet.

thanks

Originally posted by Haig:
            You would be better heard if you ask our video group directly either by email or even on their RT2k forums.

Haig

Comment

Mail with product related questions by non-owners can be sent to;

video.info@matrox.com

They might be able to help you out.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 08 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
              X