Cordless Optical Mouse Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Optical Mouse Question

Have some of you cordless optical mice? I heard some say that they response more slowly than those with cables and are therefore not so good for games. Is that true??? I'm thinking about buying a Logitech MX 700.
    Thanks.

I dont have a cordless mouse myself, but a friend of mine has the mx700, and he is very happy with it, (despite the price tag )

thinking about getting that one myself

Comment

Not at all, I have been playing with two different cordless optical trackballs for a year now. There are no problems with this setup.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Re: Cordless Optical Mouse Question

Originally posted by chaoliang
        Have some of you cordless optical mice? I heard some say that they response more slowly than those with cables and are therefore not so good for games. Is that true??? I'm thinking about buying a Logitech MX 700.
        Thanks.
        i like my mx700. good response time, good gaming performance. this weekend at officemax, 49.99 after rebate.
        Last edited by AmSci; 28 February 2003, 10:44.
        WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
        Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
        HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
        HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
        Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
        ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
        Hauppauge Wintv #401
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

I've got two luv em both. Get some rechargable batteries and you're set.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thank you, guys! I surely will get one!

Comment

I hate the idea that only the MX700 has a rechargable docking station. I dont want to have to keep changing batteries
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My Cordless Optical plays fine with Quake 3 and other fast games, and it's a nameless one, the MX700 should be even better :P
                Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Are these using infrared or RF? I imagine that RF would be perfectly fast. My RF Wavebird for the GameCube is just like a regular controller, even from the next room behind a wall.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                    Are these using infrared or RF? I imagine that RF would be perfectly fast. My RF Wavebird for the GameCube is just like a regular controller, even from the next room behind a wall.

- Gurm

The MX700 uses Fast RF technology.

Comment

I use Microsofts Wireless IntelliMouse Optical Explorer with Bluetooh technology between the mouse and the computer. Works very good. I can even syncronice the computer and my Sony Ericsson P800 with the Microsoft Bluetooth-adapter!

Comment

Ooh THERE we go. Get bluetooth for "free" sort of! Coooool. I'll have to consider one of those. Is it as light and breakable as the last few MS mice I've tried?

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

erm, i heard that you couldn't use the keyboard as a true bluetooth device? i.e. get it to communicate with my iPAQ
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I'm very happy with my Logitech MX700 over here....
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I bought a MX700 today - very nice!

Much better than my Intellimouse Exploder rev1

Comment

Working...
                              X