Comcast. Grrr. :mad:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast. Grrr. :mad:

Comcast in one day has managed to lose my cousin's businesses main email password and allowed someone who had no right to change their password to change it.

The second person had an account that was part of the business but his name is nowhere on any of the paperwork and yet they let him change it without any problems. He changed it at home but did not at work and now he does not rememeber what the password is, Grrr. I wonder if they reset the main password? Grrr.

Why is it that people think they can have their password change and it automatically changes it everywhere it is stored especially in unrelated systems? Grrr.

A good comment on this is: How do people with 1000 passwords at work, home, etc. keep track of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R.
      A good comment on this is: How do people with 1000 passwords at work, home, etc. keep track of them?
      Palm Pilot? There are master password programs that let you keep things sorted, and the app itself has a password to unlock it.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

So in the end you still end up at the mercy of one password, right?

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes, but just one. Better than dozens.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The point is if you're going to depend on one password for securing all the others why bother setting dozens up in the first place?

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Or just have a very good memory. I use about 2-3 passwords, but I do permutations on them. I know that if it's something money-related, it's a VERY secure password, totally unguessable and almost un-brute-forceable.

If it's just "get a password to get to our shitty content" it's a pretty simple one, or a permutation thereof.

My e-mail and ISP accounts are on a third, tough but not super-tough (Julie has to know it, after all).

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

One of my favorites for crappy sites, etc . . . was "blatherskeit". As in blabbering blatherskeit from Gizmo on DUcktales.

Comment

Working...
                X