PDA

View Full Version : MechWarrior movie?!?!?!

Jammrock
28th February 2003, 05:54
For the fans of the classic game, and the BattleTech role-player, a well known Hollywood producer, Dean Devlin (Eight Legged Freaks, Independence Day, The Patriot), is in talks to make a MechWarrior movie. Giant battle robots stomping across the screen ... :D

As long as it doesn't turn out like Wing Commander...

Full article:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/387/387496p1.html

Jammrock

Slougi
28th February 2003, 06:59
I see a bad movie coming up in a year or two :(

Gurm
28th February 2003, 07:08
There have been several obvious BattleTech ripoffs in the past 10 years. Robot Wars, Robot Jox, Robot Battles, etc. etc.

All terrible.

- Gurm

thop
28th February 2003, 07:38
those movies by dean devlin are probably 3 of the worst movies ever.

High_Jumbllama
28th February 2003, 08:14
It will suck. The writing will suck. The character acting will almost assuredly suck. The special effect will suck. Put simply, it will suck.

Jon P. Inghram
28th February 2003, 09:45
I had nearly smote those memories from my brain, and YOU just had to bring them back! My only wish is that you also have suffered though some of those movies too! :)

Originally posted by Gurm
There have been several obvious BattleTech ripoffs in the past 10 years. Robot Wars, Robot Jox, Robot Battles, etc. etc.

All terrible.

- Gurm

Nowhere
28th February 2003, 10:03
It will be another Mario Bros/Mortal Kombat probably...

p.s. sorry Inghram for more memories, hope you'll be ok after they come back :P

Gurm
28th February 2003, 10:06
Hey, I _liked_ Mario Brothers... and Mortal Kombat...

Well ok, I liked Alyssa Milano and Christopher Lambert.

*sigh*

- Gurm

High_Jumbllama
28th February 2003, 10:11
Originally posted by Gurm
Hey, I _liked_ Mario Brothers... and Mortal Kombat...

Well ok, I liked Alyssa Milano and Christopher Lambert.

*sigh*

- Gurm

Alyssa Milano was in Double Dragon.

I actually like the first Mortal Kombat as well. It may ahve been cheesy but it did at least have some good action and stayed rather true to the games. The second one sucked, blew and swallowed.

Wombat
28th February 2003, 10:24
Originally posted by Jammrock
For the fans of the classic game, and the BattleTech role-player, a well known Hollywood producer, Dean Devlin (Eight Legged Freaks, Independence Day, The Patriot), is in talks to make a MechWarrior movie. Well, that just <I>screams</I> quality, eh?

Couldn't they get, say, the guy that films the commercials with Carrot Top in them? Same quality, lower budget.

Gurm
1st March 2003, 05:21
HEY HEY. Dean Devlin... well, if he's working with Roland Emmerich then it might be good. Independence Day and the Patriot were well made and well produced. And let's not forget my favorite Devlin/Emmerich pairing of all time - Stargate. That movie was so awesome I don't know where to start. Just picked up the ultimate edition last week, haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

- Gurm

Dr Mordrid
1st March 2003, 07:11
Stargate: :cool:

Dr. Mordrid

Gurm
2nd March 2003, 05:00
Stargate = GOOOOOOD.

Stargate SG1 = Ummmmm...

Stargate the Animated Series = BAAAAAAAAD.

- Gurm