Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? What Codec to Use??

Am running an Asus V6600 Deluxe to capture
    ( attempt to capture )video with Ulead 3.0 SE. I cannot seem to do this successfully and think this is due to the Codec being incorrect. The Asus card has its own video compression format under UYVY ?, and it works when captuing to WMS .AVI, but Ulead 3.0 does not have this same Codec in its Template setup where apparently they are to be set the same in ordr to work properly. There are also various codec settings and have tried a few with no success as i am just starting out in video editing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:]

If you have 500+ CPU, try to capture with Picvideo MJPEG codec, http://www.mjpeg.com and use UYVY format for its input. UYVY is the same as YUY2 but with inversed byte order. The codec is fast enough to capture full size video in realtime. I use it with Capunos DV raptor analog capture kit (the same UYVY capture format).

Grigory

Comment

I'll second Grigory's recommendation. PICVideo MJPeg is very fast and can provide very good quality. It's also OpenDML compatable. Just don't forget to register it or you'll be stuck with that silly overlay. Registration is free.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
      X