Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Path zoom rate should be adjustable, advice needed please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Path zoom rate should be adjustable, advice needed please...

I'm doing a project where I'm slowly zooming on still images. The problem is that the zoom, in MS Pro is linear, but, as we all know, when you zoom in 2d the apparent increase in the zoom is actually a squared function. Is there anyway to adjust the zoom in the MS Pro moving path so that it is a squared function (actually inverse square for my case)? This would allow a smooth zoom, not one that has a squared acceleration on zoom outs, and opposite on zooming in, or a deceleration.

I guess I could create a lot of key points and try to adjust them to smooth things out, but unless you have A LOT of keyframes(fundamental theorem of Calculus) there will always be a discontinuity at each keyframe.

Any suggestions?

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I thought it noteworthy to mention that MS Pro 7 has the EXACT function I am talking about in the above post.

Have you noticed the checkbox on the moving path dialog?

"Interpolate framesize with logarithm"

Amazing, now we can do deep zooms ins and outs on images that appear to move constantly.

This is great work by the Ulead team. It shows me that they really care about the user's needs. This isn't a fuction you can advertise on the side of a box, but it is one that is very useful.

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
    X